P.S.: You're My Mate Chp 18

I am so sorry for the long wait, I just couldn’t write anything, and I stared at my computer for hours, trying to think of something to write. As usual, I’m supposed to be studying but I’m not, I already have every class approved I’m so happy about that… J only two more exams to go!

I don’t know if I ever gave Chris a last name, so if it doesn’t match the one I gave him before, I apologize. Does anybody know what a curcle is? Or what is siad? I know the second one is said, that’s obvious, but then with ‘curcle’, I was like, WTF is a curcle? And then I thought ohhh she means circle!! Seriously, people from the worst parts of the city that I live in can write better than that, not in English of course… maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but I was reading this story, I can’t remember what it was called, but it had these huge mistakes, and then on a word that was written well, it said ‘did I write that ok?” Ugh, ignorance is in the air…

______________________________________________________________

Chris’s POV.

My hands were slick with sweat, I tried drying them against my jeans, but it was of no use.

As the car stopped, I looked out the dark tinted window; I stared at the dull, gray building next to us. Perfect, I thought, for when you wanted a bunch of fairytale creatures to get together, nobody would suspect a building like this.

I knew that this meant, I was completely screwed; this was all happening because of me, because I was stupid enough to let her out my sight for those few hours, because I wasn’t capable of taking care of her, it was my job to take care of her, now I had failed at it, and now I was going to face the consequences.

Rebecca tried to talk to me in the ride here, but I doubted I could even form a sound, I felt as if a massive weight had been dropped in my stomach and wouldn’t go away.

All too soon, I found myself in a room full of people; chaos and disorder was present in every person’s face, but there were two, who stood out in the crowd.

One of them was a man, tall and powerful-looking, the other was a woman, she had long, light brown hair, and she was short in height, compared to the man anyway. But none of this was what made them stand out, the woman was crying, she had face pressed against the man’s chest, and he had his arms around her, leaning so often to whisper something in her ear, to calm her down, I thought.

But, as I studied them more closely, realization hit me like a thousand bricks, these were people were Kate’s parents. Every attempt to try and soothe my anxiety felt useless, I knew that after this, I wouldn’t stop blaming myself for everything.

In the distance, I could hear a familiar voice, only then did I realize that I had lost myself in my own thought and self-hatred too much to realize that Jeff was trying to get my attention.

“We need to go in.”

Go in where? I asked myself.

If walking wasn’t such an unconscious act, I probably wouldn’t have made it towards the room I was being pulled to.

It was some sort of auditorium, circular, with a space up front, for important people. Loud whispers were the background sound for this; I could tell that people were worried, and wondering what had brought them all here.

As people took their seats, the whispers began to calm down, but some started to look towards me, I was a stranger here, in their minds I knew that they had already assumed I had something to do with this mess.

And they were right.

The more I sat there, the more I lost myself in my own mind and crazy thoughts. After a while, I became unaware of surroundings, and a numb feeling invaded my whole body, and I was grateful, for it was easing some of the pain I had been feeling these last couple of days, but I could still feel it there.