A Dream Is A Wish You're Heart Makes

Content: Dan and Phil grow up together with their shared love of Disney films. Both wanting their wishes to come true. But the question is if reality is too strong for a happily ever after to unfold.

Genre: Fluff / Angst / AU Dan and Phil

Word Count: 10,600

Part 1: Age 3

Being in the cinema is an experience. Becoming aware of the hundreds of other people that are all clumped together into one room looking up at a screen. All following and focusing on the same storyline and characters. Everyone sharing emotions and experiencing an adventure together. Of course that's all oblivious to a couple of three year olds.

To them all they see is a giant screen glowing out bright lights and colours. Each shade a new discovery to their tiny still developing brains.

It's a big thing for most toddlers, when their mother decides they're finally old enough to sit through the hour and a half spectacular piece of cinematography. Despite that, most trips end with either the toddler themselves in tears. Or the people around them wanting to smack the goddamn child kicking the back of their chair.

But Dan and Phil were different.

Age 3 (one 3 months older than the other), it came to the moment of their childhood where they were trusted with the task of watching a film at their local cinema. Both not having any idea as to what the place would be like, the pair of them sat next to one another and held hands from the nerves of being surrounded by a lot of strangers. People 'awwed' at the pair as they glanced around wide eyed and almost scared.

However that all quickly changed when the screen started. Adverts and trailers flew across the screen in a whirl that the pair didn't even contemplate what was happening. Phil even asked his mother but was simply told "you don't need to worry about these Philly."

Yet Dan and Phil were entranced by the voices coming out of the screen, the music playing out of somewhere and the pure size of the screen was enough to practically hypnotise them. Neither of them had a clue as to what was going on, all they knew was that it was pretty and more intriguing than the sticky popcorn stuck to their fingers.

Despite their young ages, they knew when the actual film was starting. They'd seen enough at home on VCR to know the intro to a Disney classic. And that's exactly what was playing on the screen.

Both boys had seen Disney before hand, growing up with each of their parents, they didn't exactly have a choice. Phil's father worked for their UK merchandise chain and Dan's parents were both producers at the UK Disney HQ. They'd both practically came out of the womb listening to Wish Upon A Star.

But right now, in a cinema, it was different. The screen was bigger, the music was more epic and overall, it was a film they hadn't seen.

A sitar played gently in a rhythmic tune as animated red flames filled the screen and a single pink smoke line twisted vertically up the screen. As the usual 'Walt Disney Picture presents' faded onto the screen, a faint drum beat, similar sounding like two coconuts knocking together, played over. The singular pick line then transformed to proudly display the word "Aladdin" across the screen and more instruments joined in with the melody.

The boys fell in love with the Genie, laughing throughout Friend Like Me and the Prince Ali like the hyena's from Lion King. Neither of them turned away from the screen, even when Jafar turned into a genie himself and it turned scary. Instead they simply held hands and tightened their grip to say to one another in a silent way "I'll protect you."