Nodding, I curled my knees up to my chest as my head was resting on top of Zeke's legs. "Caleb went back to his grandmother's house" he informed me while running his hand through my hair. "I'm sure he'll be back soon, but that doesn't mean that you have to talk to him. But you probably should. You don't have to. But it would be a good idea. I don't want to push you, but you shouldn't avoid the topic" he ranted.

I softly smiled. "I'll talk to him" I whispered. I heard Zeke sigh in relief. "Just not very soon. And maybe I'll just tell him a little bit at a time; slowly ease into it" I decided. He nodded in understanding. "Can you sleep in here tonight?" I asked after a while.

Zeke quickly agreed. We both got under the covers and laid on our sides, facing each other. I lifted my hand up and gently brushed his hair out of his face. His brown locks were getting pretty long. His bangs ended right on his eyebrows. "You're hair looks nice like this" I said honestly.

He smiled at me "Thanks. I've been trying to grow it so it actually looks good on my birthday" he informed me. His birthday is only a few weeks away. He'll be 13, and he will finally be able to shift. "I hated my short hair. I felt like some fuckboy" he said with a shudder.

I laughed and lightly smacked his chest. "Language" I scolded him.

"Yes, Grams" he said sarcastically. We both burst into laughter. It was nice. We didn't talk about the heavy stuff. We just joked around until we both fell asleep.

**************************************************************************************************

I woke up to wiggling in my bed. Don't judge me for this; but my first thought was holy shit there's a huge worm in my bed! My heart rate increased as I jumped out of bed. Unfortunately, my legs hate me; so I tumbled to the ground and hit the nightstand on the way down. "Pipes?" Zeke said, leaning over the edge of the bed to see me.

Sighing, I pushed myself off the ground. "I forgot you were here" I said sheepishly. I wanted to slap my brain for thinking that there was some giant insect in my bed. "Good morning" I mumbled.

Zeke laughed. "I don't think its a good morning for you" he stated. I chuckled and sat next to him on the bed. "Crap, Pipes. You're bleeding" he informed me.

Following his line of vision, I saw blood staining the light blue shirt I wore to bed. "Oh. I didn't notice" I said honestly. I didn't even feel it. Moving my shirt, I revealed a whole in the fabric and a gory cut on my side.

"I'll get Kaley" Zeke said in a rush. I quickly shook my head and stopped him from getting out the bed. "Piper, that's a deep cut. You need to get it checked out" he demanded.

I shook my head in defiance. "I've had worse" I said with a shrug. Zeke frowned at my words. I honestly didn't mean for it to come out like that. "It'll heal. It's fine" I said dismissively.

He sighed. "Can you please just let Kaley look at it? It looks bad" he begged. He looked so worried, so I agreed. Zeke left quickly, to make sure I didn't have time to change my mind. I know that the cut will be fully healed in an hour or two. I just didn't want him to be too concerned, which is why I'm letting the doctor look at it.

There's no point in making him more worried. I know that he'll probably stay with me all day to make sure that I'm okay. Today is gonna suck. I'll either be angry and distant or break down and sleep all day. He'll probably have to get someone to force feed me. The thought of food started to make my stomach churn.

Quickly, I ran to the bathroom and leant over the toilet. Almost nothing came out. It was just saliva and stomach acid. The mixture of the two burned my throat as I vomited. "Piper?" Zeke called from inside the room. I quickly flushed the toilet before washing my hands then face. "You okay?" he asked concerned.