She isn't sure but it looks as if Maya's smile stretches a little wider.

"How about we continue planning after we find a good area in the mountains to set up camp in.  We're vulnerable in the open like this, especially when we're so close to their camp." Iglesias says.

"Sounds good." Rissa agrees.

At that they begin their trek up the mountains, the too being just a foggy haze against the backdrop of white clouds.

〰〰〰

"I think here will be good." Iglesias says after they've climbed the mountain for some time now. 

Their spot on the mountain is not too high up and allows them a good escape route, while giving them a good vantage point of the land below. The small amount of trees offer the spot a canopy from bad weather, while offering camouflage from enemy eyes. A small winding stream  is a great resource for water and fish.  Not to mention making it so that more animals will be in the vicinity, making the area a fine base for the rescuers.

"Agreed.  Now let's set up camp and be careful to set up the tents strategically as to make things easier."

Delia nods her agreement and goes off to assist the others in setting up camp. When all is said and done their tent are set up in a tightly knit half circle, the fire pit placed in the middle. 

Rissa and Iglesias analyze this when it's done.  The rest of the people eye them curiously.

"It's good." Iglesias smiles kindly.

"But not good enough." Rissa adds in.  "First off remove the fire pit."

"Excuse me, but why?" Delia asks the sturdy woman, surprise apparent in her stormy eyes.

"The enemy will spot the smoke of a fire easily. They'll track us down and slit our throats in seconds."

"Then how are we supposed to cook our meals and keep warm at night?" Xelin asks, trying not to sound annoyed.

"And see at night and keep the bugs away." Another man, Gyle, adds.

"We'll have to make due." Is Rissa's prompt answer to the group.

Many grumbles and protests arise from the procession, but still they do as she says, abolishing the pit from the camp's center.

Even Delia feels slightly miffed about the whole situation. She doesn't voice her complains though,

Rissa and Iglesias got us this far. I need to have trust in them.
And so she does.

"Alright, this will do." Rissa says after inspecting everything. "We need to set up a watch, so we can't be snuck up on.  This watch will rotate throughout the day and night."

Iglesias takes over from there. "But because there are less than twenty-four of us we will need to have some people take extra hours, but we'll take turns on that as well.  We need to keep this as fair as possible. So, before this is set in stone, any objections or questions?"

Iglesias pauses for a couple of moments, but no one objects or has any questions. "Good." He smiles. "We'll figure out the watch schedule right now and together."

Maya tentatively raises her hand.

"Yes?" Iglesias asks.

"W-We should try to have it so that two people take watch at a time." Maya fades off as she's met with blank faces.

"I agree." Delia backs the girl up, Maya looks at her gratefully.

With newfound confidence she continues. "I-It  is always good to have backup just in case."

"Yes, that's a great idea. We'll do that then." Iglesias says.

That's when Rissa takes the lead. "I will be partners with Maya." She announces. "Gyle and Xelin will be partnered up together as well....."

During this Maya sends Delia an apologetic look.  It's true that the writer wished to be partnered with her friend.  Oh well, she'll just have to make due with whoever Rissa chooses Delia's partner to be.

".....And Delia will be partnered up with Iglesias." Rissa finishes.

Delia's looks over to Iglesias and he sends her a warm smile in which the scribe returns.

This won't be so bad. Iglesias is a good man and leader. Maybe it might even be fun to talk to him....

"Alright, so we should make dinner and then turn in early tonight. We'll need the rest for tomorrow."

After a quick and small dinner of berries and jerky they picked up from a small village back in Pik, everyone leaves Maya and Rissa to keep watch over the camp while the rest of them sleep. Delia lays down on her bed mat, wondering what craziness tomorrow will bring.