Chapter 4: Kidnappers From Hell

Start from the beginning

“You should have listened to the letter and stayed at home," the man before me said, his sapphire eyes boring into mine like liquid fire.

I tore my gaze away from him.

 “Look at me," he demanded in a gentle tone.

I shook my head, feeling tears build up in the back of my eyes. This was it. I was going to die in a coffee shop and I didn't even eat a cinnamon roll with extra frosting.

"Look at me," he repeated, his tone changing into what felt like razorblades sliding across my ear drums. 
He was becoming furious. 

I shut my eyes tightly, refusing to meet his gaze.  He then grabbed my neck and pushed me against the wall harder, his stubbled cheek against mine as he put his mouth by my ear. “LOOK. AT. ME” he screamed in my face. My body  began to shake rapidly. I turned my head away.

I suddenly went into a daydream. A daydream of my broken, bloody body on the front mage of a newspaper with a bag over it. What if he's a creative killer? What if he's going make me put my handprints all around the store in my own blood? What if he pushes me off a building blindfolded? What if he makes me eat rice pudding until I throw up my insides?

Maybe I was over thinking it a bit.

“DROP DEAD!” I roared, and kneed him in the crotch. He looked stunned before he went down on all fours.

'If only I had an EASY button,because'That was easy'!" I cheered in delight, while pointing at his crouched body.

 He groaned and continued to clutch himself. I saw the handle of the blade in the back of his pants sticking out, I saw small specks of blood on the collar of his shirt.

He was a killer. A killer and i was provoking him? Feeling my heartbeat jump up in speed I tried to move. I felt a large hand grab onto my ankle and then I was on the floor.

“You stupid girl," he hissed and crawled over to me. I lashed out with my nails and he took the hit, letting my sharp glue-ons slash across his face creating three red lines of blood.

I smiled inside my head. At least I have his DNA! My eyes widened at yet another rebellious thought and I froze for a moment as he hauled me off the ground. Would I need his DNA? Was he...planning on doing things to--

My hair was yanked backwards and I was smothered against a warm chest. 

"GET OFF!" I roared, and tried to knee him in the crotch again. He tightened his arms around me with a deep, cynical laugh and practically carried me out of the kitchen without breaking a sweat. 

My heels dragged over the blood and my stomach heaved, my already pulsing heart was thudding like Thumper Rabbit.

“You see, Miss Heart," he started in a harsh whisper. "That was a very poor choice on your behalf, kicking me in that... area. I have your friend, Anna. The bonde girl." The world spun for only a moment and I was thrown into a metal chair.

He leaned onto the table behind me and lowered himself to my level " If you were smart you would listen to everything I’m going to tell you without making me repeat it.”

I managed a nod.

He gave me a small smile. “In a couple of minutes you're going to be kidnapped by someone far worse than I. If you tell them anything and I mean anything--" He paused and crouched down on the floor, his head a little below my level, " If you tell them anaything about me taking your little friend, I will turn her into a vampire, then kill you." 

Vampire.

"W-what?" I asked, my breathing now coming out in pants. 

"A Vampire," he said slowly and flashed me a wide smile. "Oh yes, Miss Heart. We very much exist." I suppressed a scream when his features morphed into sharp, even more beautiful features and his canines lengthened to about an inch and a half. His other teeth became a bit sharper, almost like a shark. His Sapphire eyes seemed brighter, an electric blue.