Chapter Thirty - Four

Zoey, Stevie Rae, and Arcos all helped me go from the infirmary back to my dorm. Aphrodite and the rest were waiting for me at the dorm. I'm sure they all had questions. Hell, I had questions too. Fragments of Nyx kept popping into my head and I couldn't remember it all. I wanted to ask Z about it, but we were constantly around other people. I trusted them all, but I didn't trust the walls around us.

Arcos never left my side, which at first was cute, but now was getting a little annoying. Zoey and Aphrodite were overly protective as well. I just had to remind myself that I had been unconscious for a whole day and that I had scared them all. I noticed Deino and Dite weren't talking to each other. No one said anything about it, so I didn't either.

We all sat around, talking about classes and the weather. No one brought up Neferet, and I couldn't help wonder if that was because Arcos was here. He had been acting so strange lately I doubt he would say anything if they did. Arcos and I hadn't talked about Neferet, and if he still was #TeamNeferet or if he finally #OpenedHisEyes. There hadn't been a moment for me to ask. But the sky was starting to lighten and that meant it was time for everyone to get back into the safety of their dorms.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Arcos asked, his eyes in full puppy-dog.

"Yes, I'm sure. I got Dite here if I need help, right?" She nodded as she glared at Deino who was pressed up against the door frame. Yes, there was definitely something going on. Deino knew something about Arcos I was sure of it. What if Deino knew about Arcos helping Neferet take the bodies out of the morgue to make them Vampires? Nervously, I let my gaze slide over to Deino who was smirking now.

"Well, then I guess I'll go." We hugged and I showed him to the door. Deino had gone too and now it was just Zoey and Dite in the room. They were worried, I could tell by their expressions.

"Zoey?" I asked, falling onto the bed next to her.

"Yeah? What's up?" Dite sat at the edge of my bed, intrigued.

"Why did you cover up your tattoo when you came in to see me?" She smiled.

"I didn't want to overwhelm you, and Neferet hasn't seen it either. When it happened I got real sick and it burned like fire. I guess I passed out and Stevie Rae almost took me in, but then she heard Dite and Deino screaming and went out to see what happened. That's when they told her you passed out, and I guess I instantly woke up and I had the tattoo marks." She finished with a shrug.

"That's weird right?" Dite asked, speaking for the first time in a while.

That was a hard one to answer. "Well, for Zoey and I it might not be. I was in a lot of pain and all it was was tattoo's coming. With other Fledglings they say it feels like a burning sensation." I looked through my brain, trying to find the article I had read. "There was a couple cases where Fledglings were passing out because of the pain." I could see the words in my brain. "But it's like ten percent." I looked back down and saw Zoey and Dite staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing." Zoey said.

"You're just weird-smart and it's scary." Dite finished.

"Thanks." I told them back sarcastically. What else was I supposed to say? They just said I was a weird-scary, whatever that meant, but that it scared them. I didn't want to be scary. That's what the kids at my old school had thought. I was so sick and tired of being a freak no matter where I went.

"It's not scary, it's cool. I'll be the first to admit I'm a little jealous of your knowledge. I always feel like I know nothing, especially in the Vampry world." Zoey shrugged. It helped, knowing that she wasn't afraid of me, but then how could she? We shared a soul.