Chapter Thirty - Three

Authors Note: Hey! So before I delve into the newest chapter I wanted to ask you all a question that you can answer in the comments below. Please(:

QUESTION: Who is your favorite character so far and why?

Thank you (:

~~~~~~~~

The hands spun me around, the darkness engulfing me. It was like I was blind. Suddenly, lips smashed into mine. My mind was telling me to fight, but my body recognized the lips and move in rhythm with them. He pulled away and my eyes had finally adjusted to the lack of light.

"I missed you." There was something different about Arcos, but I chose to ignore it. I wanted to embrace this moment. I hugged him tighter.

"I missed you too." He smiled bigger at the sound of my words. "I think we should work on our homework." I liked kissing him, but I didn't know what it meant when we kissed. Were we dating or was he, my boyfriend? It seemed like such a silly question with everything going on. The thought was always there, distracting me from everything.

After two hours our homework was finally finished. Another hour later and I was walking back to my dorm next to Arcos. The sky was lightening as night was wasting away. I tried to dismiss how freaked Arcos seemed about the sun coming up.

"It's just the sun," I told him, which he scoffed at.

"My eyes are just super sensitive lately. I think I have allergies." I wanted to tell him that Fledglings didn't get allergies, but I think he meant he was allergic to the light, which didn't make sense. Fledglings and even Vampyr's didn't burn in sunlight. Sure it stung once you graduated from the four years at an HON, but you put on a pair of sunglasses and got through the day.

Arcos was starting to worry me.

"So, I was thinking there is this cool new Action-flick movie in theaters, and I thought we could go to it." There was confidence in his tone. "If you'd like to." And there was normal Arcos. Again, there was a part of me that didn't know what this invitation entitled. It sounded like a date, but even when you had a boyfriend you still went out on dates.

I ran my tongue along the edges of my teeth, thinking. "Sure, that sounds like fun." I could see my dorm window from here, the light was on and Dite was pacing back and forth. It looked like Deino was in there. They were probably picking out their outfits for tomorrow.

"Sweet. Let's go Saturday? I guess we would go tomorrow night, but--

"Saturday's perfect." I had almost forgotten that tomorrow was Friday. I was so ready for the weekend it almost wasn't funny. Plus, all my homework was done and I would finally just watch Netflix and relax. I missed just laying around doing nothing.

"Okay, then I'll see you Saturday." We stood there smiling at each other before he pulled me into a hug. His hugs were different lately, just like his kisses were. There was a sense of urgency in them and they were tighter. I didn't know what this meant if it meant anything at all.

"See you then." I pulled away and went up to my dorm, feeling dizzy. I always left Arcos feeling dizzy. It was like a high. I had never actually done drugs, so I guess I didn't know what it felt like to be high, but I'm sure this is what it feels like.

~~

Once upstairs I started to be able to hear Dite and Deino arguing. My hand was on the doorknob, about to turn it and intervene when I heard something that stopped me.

"I saw him do it and if you won't tell her I will!" Deino yelled, fire in her voice.

"No, you won't because it will ruin her. We need her at full power on the ritual." Who were they talking about?