39. STARTING FRESH

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to know if you guys do check the media section or not?

********
"What are YOU doing here?" She asked with anger laced in her voice.

Anshuman looked at her and couldn't take his eyes off her. She was dressed in a simple black knee length dress and had minimal makeup. And they were coincidentally colour co-ordinated.

Samyra snapped her fingers before his face to get his attention. He came back to earth from his daydream and got ready for listening to her angry young lady.

"Hi! You must be Samyra. I am Anshuman" Anshuman said with a smile and got up to pull her chair for her. He could feel daggers piercing him as he walked to her chair.

Samyra was angry on seeing him here. But in the back of her mind she was glad it was not some other random guy. "He looks so handsome in black" she thought and instantly shook her head and scolded herself in mind for having such stupid thoughts.

She turned and was about to leave when Anshuman caught her hand.

"Where are you going? I thought you were here to have lunch with me."

"I am not here to meet you. Someone might be waiting for me. I should go..." Samyra said trying to free her hand.

But Anshuman tightened his grip and stepped closer to her. Samyra was feeling uncomfortable with Anshuman standing so close to her.

"There is no one else waiting for you. It is me who has asked your hand in marriage"

Samyra was shocked would be an understatement. "My parents knew all along and they didn't utter a word."she said with disappointment.

" I had to literally beg them to give me a chance. But finally they gave permission to take you on a date."

"Why are you doing all this now? Why are you making it more difficult for me. I am not a toy Anshuman. You can't come and play with me whenever you feel like it. "

Anshuman looked down when Samyra said that "I am sorry for everything I did. Please.."

Samyra stopped him mid sentence "I have already moved on from what happened between us in the past. You have apologized before and I have forgiven you. That chapter is closed. "

"Thank you so much for it" Anshuman said holding her hands and squeezing it gently. "So are you ready to start a new chapter on a fresh slate?"

"What is there to start? We are two people who know each other that's it."

"No that is not it" Anshuman said shaking his head "Would you consider giving us a chance please?"

Samyra was surprised at his request. Her heart wanted to give it a try but her brain told her otherwise. She was silent for few minutes then looked at Anshuman. His eyes were filled with hope "Anshuman.. I..I don't know how to beat around the bushes so I will directly come to the point. Why do you want to give us a chance? We are two completely opposite people. Anyone who sees us can tell I am not your type. I am ready to forget everything that happened but how am I supposed to trust you again? How can I be sure you won't be attracted to your ex again and insult me for no reason?"

"I promise I won't"

"I don't know Anshuman."

"I understand Samyra. Don't worry about it. You can take as long as you wish to think. I will happily wait. But please don't push me away. You don't have to worry about my feelings that is my problem to deal with. You do what your heart tells you to. Ok?"

Samyra was staring at her feet. Anshuman put his finger under her chin and made her look at him "ok?"

Samyra nodded and Anshuman smiled.

"Let's do this again. I am Anshuman Patel. Glad to meet you" he said putting his hand forward.

"Samyra Shah. Nice to meet you too" Samyra said with a smile.

Both of them then had lunch. They talked like normal friends without an ounce of awkwardness between them.

-----------

It was 5.00 pm when Anshuman and Samyra reached Aisha's house. Anshuman had purposely taken the long route to Aisha's house so that he could spend more time with Samyra.

He was very happy that everything was now clear between them. He didn't realize how much he missed chatting with her till now.

Aryan ran towards Samyra as soon as they entered and hugged her.
" Sammy I was waiting for you. Did you bring me a present? When can I see it? Do you know how many of my friends are coming today? I got a cool T-shirt. Come I will show you"
Samyra smiled picking him up and went with him to his room.

Anshuman couldn't help smiling looking at her go.

Someone cleared their throat besides Anshuman. On turning towards the person he found Aisha di smirking.

"So what's cooking between you two huh?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Who us? I don't know what are you talking about" Anshuman said innocently.

"Really..."

"Yes really. Don't you have preparations to do? I will see what is Mayank doing" saying that Anshuman speedwalked out of their.

It was 6.30pm and all the guests had arrived. The gang was also here. Armaan was clicking photos and others were busy gossiping.

Anshuman glanced now and again towards Samyra who was with Aryan. He was introducing her to his friends. She was smiling and shaking hands with them. "She is really cute"Anshuman thought.

" Who?" Rahul who was standing besides him.

"What?" Anshuman asked confused.

"You just said she is so cute"

"Oh..nothing"

Rahul followed Anshuman's gaze and smiled. "Someone is whipped"

"Shut up"

"You are blushing" Rahul said in a teasing voice.

"No I am not. You are crazy" Anshuman said trying to give a serious look and went towards Samyra.

Samyra went stiff for a second on feeling someone's breath on her neck. But was relieved on hearing his voice.

"I forgot to tell you something. You look absolutely breathtaking in this dress" Anshuman whispered in her ear.

Samyra blushed and looked at him.

"Awww...how cute. Perfect picture guys" Armaan who had witnessed the whole scene said with a smile.

This made Samyra blush more and she walked towards the kitchen to check the arrangement.

"You are so dead" Anshuman said to Armaan and chased him.

----------

The party was a huge success and the guests had gone. Now only the gang was there. They were sitting at the table and dinner was being served.

The door bell rang and after a few minutes SHE walked in.

"Hello guys! Missed me?" Tanushree said with a huge smile.

******
A/n
Thank you for reading , votes and comments.

In the media section: The picture Armaan clicked