20. The Engagement-1

It was almost 8.00 am when Samyra was about to leave the room. She was wearing maroon and yellow salwar kameez, her towel dry hair were open and her cheeks were still a little pink because she had just showered.

She was almost out of the door when her tablet rang,indicating a call on skype. She almost ran to answer the call leaving the door ajar,so that Keisha who was sleeping peacefully would not wake up. She hit the answer button on video call and went to the balcony.

She was surprised to see that the person calling was Anshuman. She had expected it would be her mom but she was wrong.

The first thought which crossed Anshuman's head when he saw Samyra was "Oh!she is looking so cute" but as usual didn't express his thoughts and just shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"Umm..hello" Samyra said looking at Anshuman who had his eyes closed and was shaking his head.

"Oh...hey..good morning"

"Morning"

"Actually I wanted to talk about something cute"

"What?" Samyra asked with a chuckle.

"Umm..I mean I have some news for you"

"Ya..su.."

Before Samyra could say anything someone said from behind her "Hello sphinx... got coffee for you"
It was none other than Armaan.

Samyra's back was towards the balcony door so he did not notice that she was talking on her tab.

Samyra turned towards him as he was saying " the door was open so I just walked in hope you don't mind. I was making coffee for myself so I made one for you too." Samyra was about to say something but he stopped her by showing his hand "I know you like your black coffee without sugar and so have made it as per your choice"

"Who is it?" Anshuman asked.
This time it was Armaan's turn to be surprised. He narrowed his eyes and took the tablet from Samyra's hands.

"Oh ho...look whom we have here" Armaan said with a smirk.

"Maan? What are you doing there?"

"Hello mister, its my house why can't I be here?"

" Ya but you were going to come next week so..?"

"Enough with your questions. So you love birds can't resist talking with each other,early morning skype calls huh?"Armaan said with a smirk "And look at her looking all cute and red from blushing" he added.

"Thats enough"Samyra said snatching the tab."Thank you for the coffee. Will see you downstairs in sometime"

"Ya ya...who needs a friend when fiancé is around" he said making a sad face and showing puppy dog eyes.

"Go"Anshuman shouted.

"Ohk..geez chill"Armaan left the room after waving towards Anshuman.

Samyra smiled and sat on a chair in the balcony. "Yes so you were saying something?"

"When did Armaan come back?"

"He came yesterday night. Wanted to give surprise to everyon so came early then he had said he would"

"Ok...but why did he call you sphinx? That is what Keisha calls you right? And how does he know you like black coffee and that too without sugar?"

"Ohk..relax. Too many questions at a time. Me and Armaan know each other from wattpad. We have been talking to each other from like almost three months. We both like reading same genre of books..we met at a discussion on a book we both were reading and from there we gradually talked. And my user name is Sphinx on wattpad so he calls me that"

"Oh..ohk...thats nice. So you knew that Rahul was his brother?"

"Nope. I didn't knew he was the same person untill I saw him yesterday at airport"

"Hmm...you went to pick him up?"

"Oh no...I just went to airport to check out its interiors" Samyra said rolling her eyes.

"Huh?"

She gave a small sigh and continued
"Aunty told me to go pick him up as Aryan was here. And why are you asking so many questions. Is someone jealous?" She asked narrowing her eyes and trying hard to control her smile.

Anshuman's face suddenly turned red. He quickly shook his head and shrugging his shoulder's said" Oh no. I was just curious. I am not jealous type of guy"

"Ohk..but you sure acting like one" and samyra couldnt control her chuckle.

"Whats so funny?" Anshuman asked with a frown.

"Nothing" she said shaking her head and making a serious face "Now back to the topic. You said you had some news"

" Yes. The thing is our parents are planning our engagement"

"What? You are kidding right?"

"Nope. And thats not the whole thing. They are planning on having the engagement tomorrow."

Samyra's jaw dropped and she for a moment just blankly stared at him.
" Why don't I know anything about it? And when did you came to know about this?

" Our parents wanted to talk about this with us together. So they were planning on revealing the news when your parents reach here today evening. I came home early yesterday from club and saw Shina leaving the house. I had to force dad to tell me what were they planning"

"Oh God. Engagement now? Isn't it like too soon?"

"I said the same thing. If we dont consider meeting in your office. We have officially known each other for exactly two weeks."

"Exactly. So umm..didn't you say something to your dad ?"

"Well you know the drill. We both are not good at arguing with our parents."

"Yup. So do you know why they decided about engagement all of a sudden"

"Ya...dad said that as we both have already agreed for marriage they just want to make it official."

"Oh. Wait is that the reason Keisha is here? Who else knows about it?"

"Ya she is probably here to help you out. And I think maybe Aunty know's about it that is why Keisha is there with you."

"Hmm...so what are we gonna do?"

"You tell me..don't ask me"

"Is there any chance they will listen to us?"

"Honestly...I don't think so"

"So what...we getting engaged tomorrow"

"Yup...seems like it"

"When are my parents coming?"

"Thier flight lands at about 4.00 pm"

"Ohk...you going to office today?"

"Nope..took leave. By what time will you be free today?"

"I have meeting with the florist and then have to meet two cateres. Umm..I will be free at about 2.00 pm"

"Ohk..why don't I pick you after your meeting and we will be at my place. We can go to airport to receive your parents together?"

"Ya thats cool"

"Ohk..see you soon. Call me when your meeting ends"

"Ya I will. Bye"

"Bye...and one more thing"

"Ya."

"Maroon colour suits you."

"Thanks..bye"Samyra replied with a smile and ended the call.

*********
A/n
Thank you for reading, votes and comments.

And thanks a lot for bearing with the late updates.

Appreciate your support:-)