38. A NEW TURN

Samyra called Aisha while having breakfast the next day.

"Hello di!"

"Hi! Good morning Samyra" Aisha said stifling a yawn.

"Oops..did I wake you up?"

"Nope, woke up about 15 min ago"

" Cool. So how's my b'day boy?"

"Aryan is still sleeping. Don't forget that his birthday party starts at 6.30 pm and I want you here before that."

"Yes mam. Anything for my favourite boy"

"Hmm..so what are your other plans today?"

"Am off to work"

"Its Sunday ,girl. You do know that right?"

"Yup I do. And don't start with your all time favorite lecture. M getting late for work."

"No one can handle you. See you in the evening then. Bye"

"Bye"

Samyra peeped into her room and Keisha was still sleeping. She covered her properly with the blanket and left for work without disturbing her.

-------

Samyra was walking inside her cabin when she stumbled upon nothing. She caught the side table to save herself from falling. Looking at her feet she found that the heel of her sandal had broken.

She sighed "wow! What a great start to the day!"

She put her sandals away and went barefoot to the conference room where some of her staff were working for the upcoming wedding.

After having a discussion for about an hour Samyra told them to leave for home and she went towards the coffee machine.

She was about to turn when someone whispered in her ear "hey beautiful"

She was startled and dropped the coffee mug as she turned around and spilled the hot coffee on his arm.

"What is wrong with you?" Samyra said placing a hand on her heart to calm herself.

Anshuman was holding his hand with eyes closed.

" what are you doing...Oh my God you hand" Samyra said glancing at the hand he was holding.

She didn't notice till now that she had spilled the hot coffee on his right hand.

She caught his other hand and dragged him towards her cabin. She made him sit in the chair and kneeled before him.

She rolled his sleeves and hissed at seeing his arm all red.

She went to the mini fridge in her cabin and wrapped some ice cubes in her handkerchief. She was wiping his hand with it but Anshuman was trying to take his hand back.

" Its fine Samyra I can do it myself "

"Stop being a child, will you?" Anshuman pouted on seeing that.

Samyra put a little pressure and Anshuman hissed in pain. "I am so sorry. I don't know how...." Samyra stopped speaking as she saw their engagement ring in his hand.

Samyra applied some antibiotic on his hand and stood up.

Anshuman caught her hand and turned her towards him.

"What happened?"

"You..why are you wearing that ring?" Samyra asked looking straight in his eyes.

"I...I couldn't bring myself to remove it. I like wearing it."

"Your girlfriend allows this?"

"What girlfriend?"

"Umm...you know what I mean" Samyra said looking down. Her hair falling on her face.

Anshuman walked closer to her, wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to him . Tucking her hair behind her ear he said in a low voice "I don't have any girlfriend. There is only one girl I want to be with and that's you"

Samyra looked in his eyes as he said those words. Samyra wanted to believe him but she already had her walls back up.

She freed herself from him and took few steps back. It hurt Anshuman to see her back away from him.

"Why are you here?"

"Umm..I am here to pick you up for the party at Aisha di's place"

"Party is in evening and its still 11.30am."

"Ok I admit. I was bored.."

"You should leave. I have to go out"

Anshuman stepped closer to her "please don't push me away."

"Don't do this now. Its too late"

"No its not. " Anshuman said in a stern voice .He held her face lovingly and kissed her forehead. " I know you care. Why are you stopping yourself?"

"I have a date and I am getting late now. We can talk in evening"

Samyra felt bad on seeing the flash of emotions in Anshuman's eyes.

"Oh Ok" Anshuman caressed her cheek and left "See you in the evening"

--------

Samyra was trying to not think about Anshuman and concentrate on work when she received a text from an unknown number . She hoped its not from the guy her parents want het to meet. She was still confused as to why she agreed to meet him in the first place.

Will be waiting for you at "Plaza Restaurant" at about 1.30 pm. Reservation is in your name. Looking forward to meet you.

On reading the text she glanced at the wall clock in her room. It was 12.30 pm. The drive to the restaurant was about 45 minutes. So she closed her laptop and went towards the washroom to freshen up.

--------

Samyra walked in the restaurant at about 1.35 pm. The host guided het to a special table in a cabin type structure . A guy was already sitting there. His back towards her.

She walked towards him and was shocked to see the person before her.

"What are YOU doing here?" She asked with anger laced in her voice.

******
A/n Thank you for reading, votes and comments

Don't forget to check the Media section;-)