24. SIMRAN'S ADVICE

When T entered the guest room at Simran's house she was greeted by her bff Simran who was sitting on the bed doing something in her phone. When she heard the door opening she looked up and raised her eyebrows "Where are you coming from?"

"24 x 7 Cafe" T said coolly sitting across her friend and pouring herself a glass of water from the bedside table.

"Please tell me you were with some of your other friends there just chilling out" Simran said hoping that T was not doing what she suspected she was.

"Cut the drama. I was with Anshuman. Happy. I am tired so we will talk later" T stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

"Why were you guys meeting there? What is going on? Please don't do something which will increase the tension. Does Samyra know about this?"

"I asked him to meet me there. I wanted to talk about what he is doing. How can he get engaged to someone else?"

Simran got up from the bed and stood before her friend with her hands crossed " Why not? You guys are not in a relationship. And weren't you the one who moved on? And Samyra is a very nice girl. He has a right to live his life."

"You are my best friend. You are supposed to be on my side. But it seems Samyra has charmed everyone. Have you seen her? She is not at all his type. And leave alone type, Anshuman and arranged marriage? I am sure his old man is forcing him. I know these type of girls. They are just money hungry. I am just trying to look out for him."

"T stop it. You have said enough. You don't know anything about Samyra so stop being so judgemental. And I am not taking anyone's side. I am just trying to make you see what is right. You chose Karan and that was your decision. And now Anshuman chose Samyra. You have Karan and should focus on him not on what Anshuman does. And as far as I know Samyra she is a great girl. You would have seen that tension in the group increase when you are around. What happened back then was past. Now I think we all should move on"

T's face showed she was thinking something. Her lips were pursed and eyebrows furrowed. After few moments she smiled a little "Yes I think you are right. I am just not used to seeing Anshuman with someone else. I don't know what was I thinking. Thank you so much Simran. You are really the best friend. I will make everything right tomorrow. I need to apologize to Anshuman about what I said. " T hugged Simran and Simran was happy that everything will go back to normal and there will be no problems.

-------

Samyra walked out of Anshuman's room without looking back. Everything was falling into place in her mind. She has been wondering why there was a sudden mood change in Anshuman and there has been a sort of tension in the air in the group since past few days. Now she knew the reason. She was sure that T was Anshuman's past . Everyone was behaving normally but still the friction among them could be felt.

Samyra saw that Keisha was still sleeping and she quietly slipped in the bathroom. She knew that Anshuman did not intentionally call her T but it still bothered her. Disappointment had flashed in Anshuman's eyes when he saw that it was Samyra not T waking him up. Though it was just for a moment but Samyra had noticed it. She did not expect Anshuman to tell her everything about his past. She respected his privacy but when he didn't even try to explain himself after what happened in morning Samyra couldn't help but wonder if she was doing the right thing.

Samyra wore a black patiala dress, tied her hair in a high ponytail and after waking up Keisha walked towards the kitchen to help in breakfast preperations.

Keisha had to start the job next month and so she was returning to Baroda with Samyra's parents. It was 8.30 am when Samyra was setting the table and the maid was helping her and her parents were leaving by train at 11.00am. Soon everyone was seated at the dinning table enjoying Aloo Parathas made by Samyra. Everyone praised her cooking.

Suddenly Keisha asked "hey where did you go last night?"

"I was just not feeling sleepy so was on terrace reading novel"
Anshuman glanced at her but Samyra did not look at him and continued " Mom- Dad I have work so I wont be able to come to station with you. Please call me when the train departures ,Ok?"

Her parents nodded and Samyra stood up to leave. Anshuman followed her movement "Come I will drop you where you wanna go on my way to office"

Samyra politely smiled at him "Thanks but I already called the cab" Anshuman held her gaze but she lowered her eyes and after telling her goodbyes left the house.

********
A/N
Thank you for reading, votes and comments.