2- Catching Up

Once the four boys arrived in the restaurant, they ordered there food quickly and waited for the burger to arrive.

"So Troye, how come you're in LA?" Connor asked,
"Oh, just doing a bit of recording and stuff, finishing off the loose ends of the EP and a couple of photoshoots." Troye replied casually like that wasn't a big deal.

Connors eyes widened.

"You're a busy boy then!" He finally said as the burgers arrived at the table.

Inside Connor mind was buzzing. Why was he so interested in Troye that he wanted him to keep talking all night long? And why did he feel waves of jealously whenever Tyler and Troye exchanged bites of eachothers food or accidently brushed arms under the table? He settled on the fact that he had missed Troye and wanted all his attention to be on himself but it wasn't a good enough reason and even Connor didn't believe it.

Connor kept quiet throughout the meal whilst the other three continued to talk about there upcoming trip to London, the cute boy who moved in on Tyler and Koreys floor and Tyler's new video with Troye.

Troye noticed Connors sad expression.
"Cheer up Con!" He said smiling.
Connor smiled back.
"Sorry, just daydreaming." Connor replied hastily, taking the final bite of his burger and leaving an empty plate in front of him.

Once Tyler had paid the bill the others all hopped back in the car after there quick meal out and headed back to Tylers.

Connor and Troye were once again in the back together and Tyler's 'Almost drunk driving' assured they were constantly falling into eachother when the car roared round the corners and back up the hill. They passed Connors house and continued up the hill and took a left.

Troye and Connor shot eachother a look and Connor shrugged.

"I can get a taxi later." He whispered grinning.

Troye nodded and Connor brought him in for an unexpected hug. Troye's heart was thumping. As he leant back on Connor almost sitting on him. Connors arms draped around Troyes neck. Troye certainly didn't want it to end.

"Just because?" Troye questioned.
"Because I missed you." Connor replied.

They couldn't see eachothers faces but they both looked into the reflection on the car window and smiled.

Inside Connors head was a mixture of feelings, happiness and confusion. The happiness part being that Troye was with him and the confusion part being why did that make him so happy.
Connor knew himself. He had contemplated it all year but he kept pushing it away. It wasn't true. He wasn't gay. Was he?

Connor returned from his mind when Tyler pulled into the car park behind his block of apartments. The four boys got out and walked up to Tyler's room. Korey left almost straight away after saying goodbye and walked back down the corridor.

Tyler was busy in the kitchen making cocktails that were only going to be drunk by him whilst Troye and Connor sat awkwardly in silence on the sofa, hands by there sides.

"So are you up to anything tomorrow?" Connor asked Troye, finally popping the awkward bubble that had formed around the two boys.

"Well I'm recording one song at 10 but it should only take a couple of hours." Troye replied, thankful for the topic of conversation.
"Do you want to like, hang out maybe?" Connor asked, nervous inside but remaining cool and calm on the outside something Troye could never seem to master.

"Um well actually Tyler and I are going to the beach actually, I forgot um sorry." Troye lied, why he did, he wasn't sure because he would have liked nothing more than to spend an afternoon with Connor but something was stopping him, he needed to have a chat with Tyler.