Avengers of a Ouija Board

Avengers of a Ouija Board--
" 'I'll go with you.'
'No! I can do it.'
'Fine...'
'Maddy!!!'"

I sit up fast, the echo of screams bouncing through my head. The same nightmare over, and over. It never is less terrifying. I shake my head and hope out of my queen sized bed. I pad over to the bathroom, the image of shattered glass and fresh blood etched into my brain.

I took a short shower to clear my haunting thoughts, ran a comb through my long brown hair and brushed my teeth.  I put on a blue tank top, shorts, and my white converse. I didn't really put much effort into my outfit because it was the last day of school and no one really cares.

I take the steps at the end of the hallway two at a time and swing my purse onto my shoulder. Grabbing a banana I walk out the door and get into my burgundy Kia Sorrento, which in my opinion, is the best car ever.

On the way to school I pick up my three best friends. Nicole first, then Kailey, and finally Jocelynn. We have been best friends since we were in diapers. And, unlike many others we stayed friends throughout high school. Well, we are about to be Juniors so you never know how things will turn out, but still. Nicole has long black hair with purple highlights, blue eyes, and freckles. She is really short but it fits her features. Kailey has super curly, honey colored hair and dark blue eyes. Jocelynn has shoulder length, red hair and green eyes. Out of our whole group I'm the only one who has light hazel eyes.

During the ride Nicole chats about how excited she is for summer, Kailey reads a book. Jocelynn stares out the window. It takes about twenty minutes to get to school.

When we get there we just go to our homeroom classes because we cleaned out our lockers yesterday. Nicole and I have homeroom together. All in all, the school day pasted pretty fast. There wasn't much to do. The only reason we came is because we already skipped school too many times and our teachers are now paying special attention to us. Even on the last day of school.

After school everyone one meets at my car and piles in.

"So, we're all going to Joce's right?" On the last day of school, as a tradition, we spent the night at Jocelynn's house, mostly because she had the biggest house. Although, it wasn't really the same this year, especially when she's gone. I nodded. All of our stuff was in the trunk of my car.

It took ten minutes to finally get to Jocelynn's house. We grabbed all our stuff and went inside her white two story house. Jocelynn's mom had a theme for the entire house: different shades of aqua, green, blue, blue-green, green-blue. Her mother was obsessed with the ocean so she had to portray it in her house. Jocelynn hates it but I love it. It makes their two couches, love seat, coffee table, and fluffy rug in their living room look so much more...unique. We trudged up the stairs stopping by Joce's mom's office to say hi. She was on her way out to a business trip. She was working on a fundraiser for the oceanology/marine life wing of the local college. When we got to Joce's room we dropped our stuff in her closet and piled on her green rug.

"Okay so what should we do first?" Nicole asked.

"We can go swimming?" Kailey asked. That's sounded like a good idea.

"I'm in." I told them. The others agreed and went to change.

Twenty minutes later we went to Jocelynn's backyard and laid our towels by the pool.

"Last one to the pool's a rotten egg!!" Nicole yelled and dashed to the pool, her black hair flowing behind her. The rest of us quickly followed and jumped into the freezing water.

After a very intense game of Marco Polo we went back inside and, after quick showers, changed into our pajamas. By now it was getting dark out so we decided to order pizza. As another tradition we made bets on when the pizza guy would get here, whoever won got the first slice of pizza. I said twenty minutes.