Where Do We Go Now?

Sara's POV
"Pass the fish, please." I ask T. We'd gotten back from the trip yesterday, and Daryl's been all pissy. I try to talk to him, and he'll just grumble and blow me off. I don't really blame him. He tries to be nice, I think, but...it doesn't work.
"Here you go." Shane takes it from Dale and passes it to me. Dale begins to wind his watch. I look around for Daryl and see him over by his truck, looking at his brother's motorcycle. I look to the rest of the group and slip away, walking over to him.
"Hi." I say. He looks up at me.
"We're gonna hafta put this in the bed til we find Merle." I nod slowly and walk a little closer to him, setting the plate of food next to him. He looks to the food first and then to me. "You tryin' t' hint sumthin'?"
"Eat. You've been starving yourself."
"One day with no food? You call that starving myself?"
"You get my point, Daryl." I say. He looks back at the food a minute before grabbing a piece of the fish and taking a bite of it.

And then we had one of those moments - I don't know if it's us just being awkward or I need to hurry up and think about some things, but it was cut off almost as quickly as it had started by someone screaming. Daryl and I exchanged quick glances and he grabbed his crossbow, both of us running back to the fire, where already, there were at least ten walkers. Amy was the one who had screamed.

After we took the walkers down, Jim said, "I remember my dream now, why I dug the holes." I looked at him, fear written over my face, at least underneath the blood, and looked to everyone else.

The next morning, Andrea hadn't moved from the spot where her dead sister lay. We were burning the corpses, stabbing their brains to make sure they stayed dead. Carol had a moment with stabbing Ed...I walked over to her and set my hand on her shoulder.

"Andrea. I'm so sorry. She's gone. You got to let us take her. We all cared about her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can."
She sobs a little and as I go to take Amy, she pulls a gun on me. My eyes widen and she looks from the gun to me. I back away and walk over to Lori, Rick, Dale, Glenn, and Daryl.
"She still won't move?" Dale asks.
"She won't even talk to us." Lori says, crossing her arms.
"She's been there all night. What do we do? Can't just leave Amy like that." I ask.
"We need to deal with it same as the others." Daryl says it straight.
"I'll tell her how it is." Rick volunteers.
"Be careful." I mutter, "She just pulled a damn gun on me." Rick nods to me and walks over. She pulls the damn gun on him too.
"Andrea."
She cocks the gun and says, "I know how the safety works. You and your little bitch cop friend needs to stay away."
"All right. Okay. I'm sorry." She slowly sheaths the gun and she returns her gaze to her sister.

We're all walking, me, Rick, Dale, and Shane.
"Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb." Daryl says angrily.
"What do you suggest?" Shane asks.
"Take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey 'tween the eyes from this distance."
"No." I say, disgusted, "For God's sakes, let her be. Her sister just died."
I hear him scoff as I walk past him.

We were burning the walkers again when Daryl was getting ready to burn Ed and some of the others. "What are you doing?" I ask him.
"This is for geeks." He says, dropping one in the flames that wasn't ours.
"Our people go over there." I say angrily, pointing to the mass grave Shane, Rick, T, and Glenn were digging.
"What's the difference? They're all infected."
"Our people go in that row over there. We don't burn them! We bury them. Understand? Our people go in that row over there."
"You reap what you sow." Shane chimes in from the grave.
"You know what? Shut up, man. Y'all left my brother for dead. You had this coming."
"I didn't do shit! In fact, I'm the fucking one who wanted to save your brother's douchebag ass! So you better fucking put our people in the damn grave!" I blow up at him. He keeps his poker face on.
"Fine. But y'all are all goin' to hell."
"See ya there, Dixon." I return to throwing the Walker bodies in the fire, ignoring Daryl's glare on my back.

"A walker got him. A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui exclaims. We all stop what we're doing and run over to him. He claims he's fine, but he was bit. I do my best not to cry, and actually succeed.

We were having a little meeting right outside the RV.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl says.
"Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Rick asks him like he's stupid.
"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it." He says, getting defensive again.
"I hate to say it, I never thought I would, but maybe Daryl's right." Dale speaks up.
"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog." Shane says.
"I'm not suggesting-."
I interrupt,  "He's sick."
"A sick man." Rick says, We start down that road, where do we draw the line?"
"The line's pretty clear." I explain, "Zero tolerance for walkers, - or them to be."
"What if we can get him help?" T asks, "I heard the CDC was working on a cure."
"I heard that too." Shane says.
"Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." I mutter.
"What if the CDC is still up and running?" T-Dog asks.
"Man, that is a stretch right there." Shane says, looking from me to T.
"If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the CDC at all costs, wouldn't they? I think it's our best shot." Rick explains. "Shelter, protection..."
"Okay, Rick, you want those things, all right? I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base." Shane says, completely going the opposite direction of Rick and everything he just said.
"Fort Benning." I say, "That's 100 miles in the opposite direction." Everyone shuffles at that, not feeling too keen on the idea of going 100 miles when there's a chance right around the corner.
"That is right. But it's away from the hot zone. Now listen to me. If that place is operational, it'll be heavily armed. We'd be safe there."
"The military were on the front lines of this thing. They got overrun. We've all seen that. The CDC is our best choice and Jim's only chance."
"You go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do." I get up and walk away after that, going to find Carol or someone.
"Sara!" I hear someone call, but I don't turn around. I'm tired of these people already.

And then, I'm interrupted by a gunshot. I turn around and see Glenn was the one chasing after me. We looked at each other and ran back to camp, only to see that Andrea had shot the reincarnated Amy.

That night, I was sitting outside, not exactly feeling like sleeping.

Shane approached me, and ahead of a hello, he says, "I need you to help talk some sense into Rick. Look, this CDC thing, Sara, it's a mistake." I cock an eyebrow at him and shake my head, "So you're backing him?" He asks.
"What else would I do, Shane? He's right."
"You think that going to a place that may have been overrun is safe?"
"We can't stay here. We both know that."
"You and Rick are the only two who feel that way. They aren't convinced, the people. You gotta really consider whether you want to put yourself in that kind of spot."
"I got to do what's best for these people, Shane."
"Best for these people? What's that? Exposing them to all kinds of risks?"
"As opposed to what?" I ask, getting a little hostile, "Crossing 100 miles of hostile territory? If we're looking for a lifeline, I say swim toward the closest ship, not further out to sea. Why can't you back Rick up?"
"Look, I want to. It's just I don't see it."

Shane walks away after that and I roll my eyes. A while later, I hear someone being angry somewhere. Throwing shit, things like that. I walk over to him and see that he threw a pan.

"Hi." I say. He looks at me.
"Whatayou want from me?"
"I wanna talk."