Chapter 33 - Free

I told mum that I knew where Chloe was and that I was going to get her early in the morning. I must've said it loud enough that Kaely heard. She wanted to go too.

"Kaely, you stay here with Nana, okay?" I told her.

"No. I want to go see mummy."

"You'll see her when I bring her back here."

"I want to go with you to get her."

"I don't want you hurt."

"I don't get hurt, I'm careful." I finally gave in.

------

Later, at three in the morning, I got into the car with Kaely and drove off towards where Chloe was. We got there after fifteen minutes. I parked farther away from the place, but I saw there were lights on. I turned around to see Kaely. I don't think Jacob would recognize her. He hasn't seen her for over two years. I had a plan.

"Kaely, can you do daddy a favor?" I asked her.

"What?"

"I need you to go to the front door and knock. Pretend like you're lost, okay? Don't say anything about mummy, got it?"

"Got it," I sent her up there while I searched for a back door or somewhere that took me into a basement. I'm guessing that's where Chloe is because the guy said, "come up here."

I climbed over the fence, and I heard the front door open. I hoped my plan would work.

*Dan's POV* (A/N: I'm pretty sure you all know who Dan is..)

Jacob and I were taking shifts watching and making sure the cops didn't come or anyone came for Chloe. I heard a knock on the front door. I opened the front door to see a little girl, around four years old. Her little lip was quivering. It looked like she was about to cry. Unlike Jacob, I actually liked kids and cared about people. I was just covering for him.

I crouched down to her level, "what's wrong sweetie?"

"I'm lost.." She sniffled. She was so cute. I picked her up.

"Come on in here.." I walked her into the house. I sat her onto the couch.

"How did you get lost?" I asked her.

"I don't know.."

"You don't know?" She shook her head.

"What about your parents? Were you with them?"

"My daddy. I don't know where he is now."

"What about your mummy?"

"I haven't seen her in a long time."

"Where did your mummy go?"

"My daddy said she was visiting her friends, and I wouldn't see her for a while." Her mum must've died. I felt so bad for her.

*Ashton's POV*

I looked for a back door or a way to get into the basement. I found steps leading down to a door that led to the basement. I walked down the steps and opened the door. Dumbass, leaving the door unlocked when he was keeping someone held there.

I walked in and used my phone as a light to see where I was going. I didn't want to turn the light on, or else they might see.

Chloe must've seen my light. I heard her moving around. I shone my light onto where the noise was coming from. There was duct tape on her mouth, around her knees, around her ankles, and her wrists were duct taped together, and her hands duct taped to the bed. She had no shirt on, just a bra. She looked like she had been crying. The sight brought tears to my eyes as I ran towards her and took the duct tape of of her mouth first. I kissed her before she could say anything.