Chapter 31 - Escaped

The next Saturday, Kaely was at Ashton's and I was at home. Every once in a while, Ashton would take her to his house, and I'd stay home and do some things that I couldn't get done if Kaely was there.

While I was working, there was a knock at the door. I yelled, "coming!" before stopping to get the door.

When I opened it, I wasn't expecting it to be him. Jacob was there, and he had duct tape. He duct taped my mouth, and good, because we all know that his poor duct tape job last time caused him to go to jail.

Once he had duct taped my mouth good, he pulled my hands behind my back and duct taped them together. I tried to scream, but the duct tape muffled the sound. He pushed me to move outside, and I stuck my feet into the ground. He grabbed ahold of my hands and pushed me to move me. I tried to stay put, but he was too powerful. He was able to push me from in the house out to his car.

Nobody in the neighborhood saw what was happening!?

I put me in the trunk of his car and duct taped my legs together at my knees and my ankles. He made it hard to move, at all. How was he even out of prison? Last time, he tried to kill me. He could try that again. He could succeed. I couldn't leave Kaely and Ashton.. Those were all things running through my mind. 

*Ashton's POV*

I was downstairs in the basement with Kaely when my mum came rushing down the stairs. I looked over at her to make sure everything was alright.

"Ashton, what was the guy's name that raped Chloe?" She asked. Why would she be asking about Jacob?

"Jacob Thomas, why?"

"He escaped from jail this morning."

"Oh my god.."

I got my phone out and called Chloe. She didn't pick up. I didn't leave a message. I just grabbed Kaely and left for her house.

I drove as fast as I could to her house. I needed to tell her to be careful. I didn't want her to open the door unless she was expecting someone.

When I opened the door, I was surprised that it wasn't locked. She always locks the door, even when she's inside the house.

"Chloe!! Chloe!" I yelled through the house. No answer. No..

She wouldn't just leave like that. If she was going somewhere, she'd call me and tell me. I called her parents. She's not there. I called Devin. She's not there.. I called Piper. She's not there... I called Terri. She's not there... I was getting worried. Jacob was out of jail and Chloe went missing. There has to be a connection. I decided to call the police and file a missing person's report. They told me that since she is an adult, they can't do anything for twenty-four hours. I can't go a day not knowing if my whole world is safe! And that is even before they'd start looking for her.

"Daddy, where's mummy? Isn't she here?" Kaely looked up at me.

"No, baby, she's not here at the moment," I picked her up, "but you're going to stay with Nana for a while, okay?"

"Daddy, what's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it, sweetie. I'll take you to stay with Nana and daddy is gonna go get mummy, okay?"

"Okay."

I drove back to my house, told my mum the situation, and asked her to keep Kaely. She agreed, and I left, driving towards Chloe's parents' house. Before I did leave, though, I grabbed the hand gun that we kept, just in case we found them and Jacob tried something.

When I got there, I told them what was going on. Chloe was missing, Jacob was out of jail. There's definitely a connection. They decided to come with me to try to find her.

"Where would you hide somebody if you were planning to kidnap them? You'd take them to a place that you know about, but not many other people know about," I told them.

"Like a hideout," Audrey suggested.

"Exactly."

"We're going to his dad's house."

"Okay. Anything to find Chloe."

We arrived at Jacob's dad's house a few minutes later. We walked in, and there was Oliver.

"Hey, who are you guys?" He asked us.

"I'm Ashton Irwin, if you remember me."

"I remember you. You were best friends with Jacob when you two were younger, right?"

"Yeah."

"And aren't you dating, um, Chloe that has Kaely?"

"Yeah."

"What do you guys need? And who are you two?"

"I'm Travis. This is my wife, Audrey. We're Chloe's parents," Travis told him.

"Are you coming here asking about Chloe? Is something wrong?"

"Well, Jacob escaped from prison this morning, and Chloe went missing. I'm pretty sure there's a connection."

"What do you want to know from me?"

"We wanted to know that if Jacob just left and didn't tell you where he was going, where do you think he would go?"

"I think he might've gone to his secret hideout. It's in this old, abandoned building. I was never there, but Jacob told me about it a few times."

"Would you know anything about where it is?"

"I don't, but one of his friends, um, Trenton Kline, would be able to tell you anything about it."

"Where does he live?"

"I haven't been there in years.. I forget, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Thank you, though.."

"You're welcome," he smiled as we walked out of the house. I guess he decided to stop drinking after all.

We left, back to Chloe's parents' house to use their phone book to find out Trenton Kline's address. He lived on his own now, in a flat not too far from Oliver's house. We drove there and asked him where the hideout was. He told us he'd take us there. It was close to where he lived. When we got there, we went inside of the abandoned building. Nothing. They weren't in there. Now back to square one.

I decided to search all of the abandoned buildings in the area. I drove to all of them. She wasn't in any of them.

I tried calling her phone again. There was an answer. I said, "hello?" into the phone. I heard mumbling, but I could tell she was saying, "Ash!"

It was actually Chloe! I tried to say something, but I was stopped by a voice in the background, Jacob's voice, "who the fuck are you talking to?" The call then ended.

I could track where her phone was. She got a call, and what cell phone tower the call bounced off of should tell us close to where she was. I needed to find her.