Chapter 17 - Band

About a year later, Ashton said he was going to hang out with some new friends he had. That was all he said, and he took off. I was confused, but I went along with it.

Kaely was now three, and she talks a lot. She still goes to daycare, but we are going to put her in head-start when the school year comes.

I was at my parents house, and they were just getting home from taking Kaely for some fun. I don't know where they went, but Kaely seemed to like it. She wouldn't stop talking about it. I was about to leave when I got a text from Ashton. It said, "Hey babe. Want to come meet the boys?"

I knew that by "boys" he meant his friends. I replied, "yeah, where are you?"

He sent me an address, then I quickly sent back, "be there soon! Do you think they'll mind if I bring Kaely?"

"No, they won't mind. I want them to meet her too" was his text responding to my question. I texted back a quick, "okay:)" and said goodbye to my parents, then left after putting the address into my GPS and strapping Kaely into her seat.

I drove until the GPS told me I was at the right house. I got out of my car, got Kaely out, and began to walk up to the door. I knocked, and I heard running footsteps behind the door. Ashton greeted me with a kiss and picked Kaely up.

"Hey babe.. I missed you," he pouted.

"I haven't seen you for less than two hours, that's it.." I told him.

"I don't care, I still missed you," he whispered and gave me a quick peck on the lips. He put Kaely down, and we then walked into the living room of the house. There were three other boys there.

"Chloe, this is Calum, this is Luke, and that is Michael," he introduced them to me and I told them hello.

"Calum, Luke, Michael, this is my girlfriend Chloe, and her daughter Kaely," he introduced Kaely and me to them.

I heard a few "nice to meet you"s. I said it back, and one (I'm pretty sure it was Michael) asked, "is that both of you guys' daughter? Because you guys are only seventeen.." I could tell they were confused.

"No," Ashton answered and asked, "Can I tell them?"

"I will," I then told them, "when I was thirteen, I was raped and got pregnant with Kaely.. So.. Yeah."

"Oh. I'm- I'm sorry. I didn't, I wasn't-" Michael tried to talk.

"It's okay. A lot of people ask," I assured him, "and Kaely is three now."

"She's adorable.." I think Luke was the one that said that.

"Yeah, she is," Calum agreed with him.

"Kaely, this is Calum, this is Luke, and this is Michael.." I told her, and she walked over to them.

"Hi Tawum," she smiled and hugged Luke.

"No, no, no, Kaely.. That's Luke. This is Calum," I redirected her to Calum and the boys laughed.

"Otay. Hi Tawum," she hugged Calum this time.

"Hi Wuwk," she hugged Luke.

"Hi Mietal," she was so cute when saying Michael. We all laughed because it was so cute, and she just smiled.

"So, lads, I'll see you later," Ashton said to them after a while.

"Okay. Next practice I think will be in a few days. We'll let you know," Luke told him, and we left after that.

"Practice?" I asked, not knowing what they were talking about.

"Yeah. I'm in their band now. Called 5 Seconds of Summer.."

"Really?"

"Yeah.."

"That's awesome, babe. You play the drums? Or guitar? Or keyboard? Because you're amazing at all of them," I wondered.

"I play the drums. They already have Luke and Michael playing guitar and Calum is playing the bass, so I'm playing drums."

"Okay. That's exciting."

"I know. They're awesome. And now they're my bandmates.."

"Yeah," I smiled as I gave him a peck on the lips before getting into my car.

"I'm coming to your house, right?" He wondered.

"Uh.. Yeah. See you there."

"Okay, babe. See you then."

"Bye." I said and turned on my car after making sure Kaely was strapped in good. I then began to drive home, thinking of how my boyfriend was in a band.

~

*akwardly meets bf's bandmates*

-Lizzie😁