The Finale Count

I found Legolas helping the men block the door. I walked up to him and said
"That is not going to hold." He looked at me and then we both laughed. I had said that back in Moria. Legolas replied
"Do you really want to finish that now?" I grinned and replied
"Yes." Legolas grinned and tossed a pole to a man.
"Well I will say that I was wrong. I am sorry." I smiled and replied
"I am happy now." He smiled.
The door was getting smashed and Theoden ran to the door and pushing against it. Something hit the door and the king went flying into the wall. Aragorn ran to him
"How much time do you need?" He asked. Theoden looked at Aragorn and replied
"As long as you can give me." Aragorn nodded and took Gimli with him. The door was slowly breaking. I turned to Legolas, who was still throwing stuff at the men. I grabbed his arm.
"Legolas!" He shook me off and replied
"No,we can hold them off." I grabbed him again and gently touched his cheek and made him look me in the eye.
"It's no good. Come with me!" I ran off.

We reached the top of the wall. The elves were stilling firing at the orcs and I saw Aragorn trapped against the wall.
"Legolas!" He grabbed a rope and tossed it down to Aragorn.
"Aragorn!" I watched as Aragorn grabbed the rope and picked up Gimli. Legolas and I pulled on the rope. Together we got both of them to the top.
"To the king!" Aragorn said and took off running. I shook my head and whispered
"Does he ever stop?"

When I reached Aragorn again, he was mounting a horse. I looked at him.
"We are riding out to meet them." I nodded and went looking for Legolas. He was helping Gimli into the saddle. When Gimli was safely on the saddle.
"Legolas..." He took my hand.
"Vilya.." I gave him a sad smile. We may not met again. I gently hugged him.
"For good luck." He smiled and helped me into the saddle behind Aragorn. I pulled out my daggers.
"Ready, Vil?" I nodded and the doors were flung open. We rode out.

Stabbing left and right from a horse is such a pain. After a while, I could tell we were losing this battle. Then the sun appeared over the hill and I saw, of all people, Gandalf!
"Gandalf!" Aragorn smiled and then I saw Eormer riding up to Gandalf.
"To the king!" I could hear him shout. And the whole hill was covered with horsemen and the sun glowed behind them. The orcs screamed and run towards......a forest! That was not there before.
"Uncle, how did that forest get there?" He smiled and replied
"Ask Gandalf." I smiled and hugged him. The orcs ran into the trees and suddenly the trees moved like them were eating the orcs. Or something worse, but I did not think about it. I turned to Legolas and we shared a smile.

Later, I went in search of Legolas and Gimli. I found them talking about their count. Legolas got 42 and Gimli got 43. I smiled and they turned to me.
"So lassie what was your count?" I bit my lip and replied
"Well Master Dwarf, you win as I lost count at 37." Gimli looked pretty pleased with himself. I hugged him and Legolas. Then we laughed.
It was good to be alive.