Chapter 29~ State Of Grace.

I run straight to my dressing room; Arri still tightly held in my aching arms. I am shortly followed by Selena who summoned security at the area of the event.
I lay Arri down on the couch and turn to Selena but we're stopped by a shout; "No! Not Mom! Please, not Mom! Don't hurt her!" Arri yells through her uneasy sleep; her body is shaking violently. "Take me..." She trails off as she awakes; hot, sweaty and fresh tears rolling down her cheeks. Me and Selena kneel next to her as she sits up; her breathing quick and short. I stroke the edge of her forehead as she looks around in clear distress.
"Ssh, it's okay baby. I'm here; it's all okay," I kiss her warm forehead softly and she relaxes.
"I got you some water, little one;" Sel smiles; walking back in with a cup of cold water.
"Let's clean you up, hey?" I ask, forgetting my daughters 15 but continue to dry her face with a tissue.
Arri remains silent, still shuddering in fear; "Do you want to talk about it sweetie?" Selena asks gently as she holds Arri's hand.
"They came, and they took me. They took you away and didn't let you come back and, and..." Tears begin falling again and I hug her frail body against mine; kissing the top of her head.
"Have a drink, it'll make you feel better;" Selena promises, holding out the drink that Arri takes and sips as we sit next to her.
"Mom, I don't feel so good-" Arri tells me; running off to the toilet which I run to, too; grabbing her hair from her face as she chucks down the loo. She finishes and Selena hands her the water again which she rinses with and we both take a hand and guide her back to the couch.
"I'm sorry," She apologises quickly.
"Awe, poor little thing! You did nothing wrong sweetheart," Selena reassures her, rubbing her back gently.
"Selly's right A; it's alright. It's just a bug, no big deal. We'll be just fine," I say, rubbing her back softly. "I'm gonna get Gran to look after you during the show okay? We'll sort out stuff for tomorrow later; we've got the VMA's but I'm sure we can sort that out baby,"
"Can I lie down?" Arri asks sweetly, raising a hand to her forehead.
"Let me go get you some medicine," I smile gently at her and Selena helps her lie down carefully as I walk to the trailer in search of the emergency paracetamol I keep with us.
"Taylor! You've got meet and greets in 15!" Mom says loudly as our shoulders brush.
"Arri is ill, getting medicine. Sel is looking after her now but can you do it during the show please?" I answer quickly and she nods.
"Sure thing baby, I'll tell them you're running late," She says placing a hand on my shoulder. "Go," She ushers me on and I continue my walk to the trailer where I see Shawn.
"Hey Taylor, do you know where Arri is?"
"Ill, she like literally just threw up. Sorry, if you were-"
"No, it's fine. I'll go see her in a bit, tell her I say hi;"
"Will do, you're good to her Shawn, you really are;" He blushes slightly then smiles.
"Thanks, I really care for her."
"I know," I smile at him, opening the cupboard for the medicine.
"I'll see you later,"
"Yeah. Bye Shawn," I say as I close the door to the trailer again.
I jog through the back door of the arena, meeting Arri and Selena in my dressing room.
"Hey," I say quietly as I walk in slowly.
"Mom," Arri croaks out and I walk over, placing a hand on her forehead gently.
"Awe babes, you're burning up;" I tell her as she wriggles further under the covers.
"Will I be okay for Monday?" She whispers.
"You should be hun', this should be gone in 48 hours." Selena explains as Arri nods. Someone knocks the door and I go to open it, revealing Mom.
"Hey Tay, you gotta go. When do you want me to look after A?"
"Oh, right okay; when the show starts please, Sel will you give her the paracetamol please;"
"Sure thing Taylor: go meet some fans!"
"Okay, I'll see you in a bit baby girl." I smile down on Arri's fluttering eyes as I press a kiss on her forehead.
"Bye Mom," She says as her eyes struggle to stay open.
"Go to sleep princess, Sel's gonna look after you;"
"Okay," She finishes as her eyes close.
"See you in a bit Selly, thank you."
"What's a godmother's job?" She asks rhetorically.
(A/N: Let's say Arri's godparents are; Abi, Selena and Ed. Got it?).
"Bye, the medicine's on the side." I tell her quickly; walking out and shutting the door behind me.
"Ready?" A Taylor Nation member asks me as I stand waiting in the little room.
"Ready," I sigh and smile as the first person is let in. "Hey!" I say excitedly; "How are you? Skylar right?"
"Oh my god! You know my name! Oh my god!" She jumps about a bit when I walk over to hug her.
"I'm so happy you've come tonight,"
"Me too, oh my god I'm talking to the Taylor Swift!"
"Well, I guess that's me. You look so pretty by the way," I tell her and she starts crying.
"I'm sorry," She stutters as I hug her a second time.
"Awe, it's okay. It's what comes with having a sick daughter, plenty of cleaning up to do;" I explain as she giggles.
"Is Arabella ill?"
"Unfortunately, yes. She's got work on Monday so she has to better for them;"
"Tell her to get well soon,"
"I will, do you want to take this picture?"
"Yeah," She replies; handing her photo card to Ally, who was sorting out pictures.
We pose and the picture is taken, similar things happen through every person and when I'm finished I breathe out, headed to my dressing room to see A.
"Hey honey," I smile down at her as I walk in; her eyes are gently closed and I can hear the sound of her heavy breathing.
"Hey Tay," Sel whispers to me; "I've given her the medicine, it was about an hour ago so she can have some more in 3 hours. She was complaining of a sore throat too,"
"Okay, thanks Selly," I grin at her, pulling her into a hug.
"Aha, that's no problem Swizzle." She says; pulling away. "I'm gonna leave you to change," She finishes as she walks out.
I change quickly, walk out and see Selena in her costume for tonight. We exchange glances and laugh, "Where's Momma Swift!" I yell and forget she's doing a backstage tour. "Oops! Sorry Mommy!" I apologise as she comes to a halt outside the dressing room.
"Get on there you two! You don't have long until the fans get to me!"
"Oh right, thanks Andrea!" Selena finishes as I walk in to see Arri sitting up under her blanket.
"How's the little sick one?" I question, ruffling Arri's hair slightly.
"Okay," She barely says.
"Awe A! You're losing your voice!" Selena tells her as she coughs. "I'll whizz to catering and get some lemon and honey," She finishes before walking out the door.
I sit down next to Arri and put my arm around her; "What a state of grace?"
"Stop with the puns!" She croaks out as she rests a head on my shoulder.
"Okay princess, for you,"
A/N: Would you guys enter if I did do a competition? Xxx