Chapter 8~ The Best Day.

I was hanging out with Teagan again today and again we are hitting Mother's rehearsals... Right now we were heading to go and pick up Lace and Jem from their swimming class- after that they were coming to the rehearsal because they can plus I believe Shawn Mendes was going to be appearing as he is supporting a leg of the tour. As we arrive we sit the girls down as they were halfway through Bad Blood. As they clear the stage for a 10 minute break Mom walks straight over; "Arri, are these T's sisters?"
"Uh, huh- Lace and Jem," I say pointing to each of them before plugging my headphones back in. I see Mom crouching down to their level and talking to them contently about a mix of things.
"Arri, hey!" Shawn begins as he walks through.
"Hey Shawn. This is T or Teagan by the way, we're here to annoy and do schoolwork," I state honestly.
"Hey," T says brightly as Mom hugs her two sisters which queues 'awe's from everyone.
"Haha, have fun," Shawn says walking over to the stage.
"Do you know how much I'm fangirling right now?" T asks attempting to fan herself with her hand.
"You've done extremely well so far though," I say laughing at her strange gestures; "You've met Lorde, Mom and now Shawn... You'll eventually probably meet Ellie, Ed, Calvin, Cara, Haim perhaps the Vamps,"
"Fangirl breakdown!" T says beginning to jump up and down.
"Chill honey, and let's go get Starbucks," I say grabbing my purse and pulling her along; "Mom! Look after Lace and Jem! We'll be half an hour!"
"Sure! Be back though!" Mom yells back.
There are a few paparazzi around; this doesn't normally happen...
"How are things with the family?" Paparazzi and journalists fire questions at me as I continue walking with T at a fast pace.
"What's this about?" I ask T; slightly confused.
"Umm..." T says lingering her syllables as if she wasn't telling me something.
"What?" I ask as we walk out Starbucks- now clutching cool drinks.
"Your Mom can tell you," She mumbles quickly.
"Okay," I say slightly weirded out that she won't tell me; "Whatever," I say trying to blow off the tension.
T leaves with her sisters' an hour later promising to call me later... Strange.
"Mom?" I ask cautiously, "Is there something you need to tell me?"
"Honey, there is something I need to tell you; something's happened with Grandmother Swift..." My jaw drops as I feel tears sting and brim my eyes already. "Cancer," She mutters quietly as I stand up and head to the toilets. I lock the door and slump down to the floor; burying my head in my hands...
Tears roll down my cheeks as I continue to sob, my eyes burning from them.
"Arri?" T's familiar voice sounded from outside the door. "Arri, open up please! I've run here; I knew you'd be upset..."
I carefully unlock the door and shuffle out the way as T comes and joins me on the floor; out of breath.
"You knew?" I ask; looking her in the eye.
"I'm really sorry Arri," She mutters meeting my gaze.
"Mm," I manage as T pulls me into a hug.
"I'm so sorry," She mumbles as there's a knock on the door.
"Arri? T?" Mom asks as we pull away from our hug.
"Mom?"
"Are you ok honey?"
"I think so," I say wiping my eyes as T opens the door to reveal my Mom with a slightly tear stained face.
"Arri, I'm sorry... I really am," Mom says as we walk back into the main studio where everyone is acting normal which is good I suppose...
T stays for the afternoon and we continue doing schoolwork as we are in the same homeschool scheme. (I was literally transferred a few weeks ago).
Mom drops T home and gives her Mom something but I don't know what it is- it must be good as I hear several screams?!
"Well your best friend's doing a leg of tour with us," Mom mutters purposely loudly as she gets back into the car.
"Seriously?!" I ask; shocked.
One text from T:
TOUR TIME GURL! Xxx
My text back:
Excited much?! Xxx
T:
A BIT!:
Me:
STOP USING CAPITALS!
T:
Ok...
Me:
Coming to rehearsals tomorrow? Xxx
T:
Where do I spend the rest of my days?
Me:
Do you think we should drop the twins at school tomorrow?
T:
Sure, just make sure that your Mother doesn't come... That school is literally a Swiftie empire! 😁😳
Me:
Yeah she'll be at rehearsal early... Meet you at 8:30?
T:
Yes girly! See you then. Xxx
"Mom, I'm going to go with T to drop the girls at school tomorrow," I state.
"Sure honey, I'll be off at like 8:00." Mom replies still focused on the road.
"Okay," I answer as Mom pulls up.
I decide to head outside with my iPod and Bluetooth speaker and turn on my music... Mm, like 100 of Mom's songs.
Fearless- Track 12- The Best Day...
I begin to sing along as I sit on the old wooden table. This was the table where I met my Grandmother; when we had lunch outside.
Then there was all the T-Parties where her and Mom introduced me. When Mom had to stop because of the paparazzi; she held my hand and promised I wouldn't get abandoned again...
I don't see Mom open the window and listen in until the song is finished.
"Honey-"
"I'm fine, I know, I know..."
"That was beautiful, you know that don't you?"
"What? The singing?"
"You and the singing; your voice is just as gorgeous you;" She replies sitting on the table with me.
"Mom, I don't know whether I want to-"
"I'm not going to force you into becoming a singer- don't worry," She continues, kissing the top of my head.
"Is she ok?"
"Who knows, who knows," Mom mutters as my phone buzzes from by the side of me.
Harry Styles: Hope Andrea's ok. X
Idiot...

A/N: Credit to x_emma_louise for ideas...
Xxx