Chapter 16~ New Romantics.

*Saturday 27th June*
Arri's POV:
Dancing around Hyde Park is quite good cardio work... Especially when it's with T and Ellie whilst your Mom's doing a soundcheck...
"Okay Taylor you're done!"
"Good," Mom replies as food traders and the merch stalls are set up.
"Yo Mini Swift! How's life?" Karlie asks, appearing from behind the stage; followed closely by Cara, Kendall, Serena (Williams), Gigi and Martha.
"Bad! There's no more music to dance to!" I whine, running over to Mom.
"I require you to sing again,"
"Well that's a first." She sighs; "There's a speaker over there. Here's my phone."
Then her jaw drops, "Joe?"
There he is, Joe Jonas with his arms around Gigi. He honestly thought an album wouldn't be written straight away!
"Yeah,"
"Mm,"
"Taylor we can go if-" Gigi explains.
"No, no. It's just kind of hard to process," Mom buts in.
"Now people, you gotta calm down. 65000 people are gonna get depression if you don't lighten up," I tell them; "That including me,"
Mom laughs, walking over.
"Look how wise I've made her,"
"Yeah sure Mom," I joke as she pokes me.
"HARMIONE GRANGER!" Cara and T yell as the very woman walks in.
"Hey," Emma greets us; "Thanks for inviting me,"
"No problem, now if you don't mind doing a bit of magic..." I smile as she shakes her head.
"Hell yes!" Martha and Kendall chorus legging it over.
"Well first you don't call Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone; Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone,"
"Oh yeah, it annoys me that you Americans don't get that," Ellie says as I notice someone in the corner of my eye.
"Shawn!" I say, a grin spreading on to my face.
"Arri," He smiles back, not hesitating to hug me.
*Sunday*
Me and Shawn walk hand in hand down by the Tower Pier when I see none other than Mother Dearest.
"Oh my god it's Taylor Swift! And Calvin Harris! May the Tayvin ship sail! Oh and there's Karlie Kloss! And Gigi Hadid and Joe Jonas!" I yell and they flip their heads to face me and I smile sweetly and wave.
"Look Baby Swift!" Calvin shouts back. I stick out my tongue.
"And Shawn Mendes!" Gigi and Karlie chorus as Mom shakes her head, giggling.
"Don't you giggle at me!" I say loudly to Mom.
"Get on with your school work Arri!"
"Oh yeah forgot about that..." I sigh turning around.
"Awe Hun' your Mom's really mean. I mean it's Sunday," Karlie sticks out her bottom lip, winking at me.
"Your supposed to be a good influence!" Mom protests, as Shawn chuckles.
"Yeah blah di blah! We are the bakers Taylor Swift, we stick together!"
"We'll be back soon, Calvin will help you then,"
"Oi! Isn't that a Mother's job!" Calvin whines, "You help,"
I simply turn on my heel, headed to the house.
"Maths," I sigh collapsing on the couch with my laptop.
"Ha ha! Poor you!" Shawn laughs passing me a drink.
"Oh shut up," He smirks as I pout, standing to get the door.
Standing at the door is what looks like a cop...
"Is this Ms Swift?"
"No," What does it look like?! "I'm Arabella; her daughter."
"Age?"
"15,"
"Your Grandmother's case has gotten worse, she's in a hospital back at Hendersonville."
"Oh, ok... Thank you," I bite my lip.
"Make sure you tell your Mom!" The cop alerts me as I slam the door in his face.
This can't be happening.
It can be though...
"Arri?" He stops when he sees tears trickling down my cheek. "What's happened?" He asks gently, enclosing me in a hug.
"H-her case it g-ot worse," I stutter, letting him pull me in closer.
"Who?"
"G-Gran," I whisper, "What will Mom do? She can't cancel the tour can she?"
"Do you think Andrea will want that?"
"No,"
"Then of course not Arri, it's fine."
"It's not though Shawn..." I speak in a quiet tone, resting my head on his chest as he kisses the top of my head.
I hear the door close behind me and jump.
"Arri are you okay, sweetheart?" Gigi asks, steadying me as Mom looks at me with an unreadable look on her face.
"I- uh..." I stutter as everyone looks at me.
"Arri, baby we won't be mad. Whatever it is..." Mom attempts to comfort me as Calvin, Joe and Shawn excuse themselves.
"You haven't started have you!?" Karlie asks, eyes wide.
"No!" I answer shocked, that she thought that.
Then I notice the note the cop left with all the information on it.
"What's this?" Gigi asks picking it up. "Oh my god Arri!" She continues, pulling me into hug her as a fresh set of tears come pouring from my eyes.
Mom snatches the note. Scans through it before running up the stairs; leaving Karlie and Gigi to look after me.
Karlie hugs me this time, "Hey, Taylor's not angry... She really loves you Arri." She soothes running her fingertips up and down my back.
I dial Gran's number carefully into my phone;
(A- Andrea, Ar- Arri).
A: Arri sweetie, are you okay?
Ar: How are you?
A: Don't worry about that, does Taylor know?
Ar: Yes, I don't know what to do Gran! She won't come out!
A: Give her time Arri, I know you want to see her; I do. It's just a lot for you two to take in, now I'm going to let you go. Okay?
Ar: Yeah... Bye Gran.
I sigh as I end the call and Gigi returns from upstairs.
"She won't come out..."
I place my head in my hands.
The door is knocked and Karlie stands to get it, the boys are standing outside holding McDonald's bags. Trust them...
"Oh and we bought some ice cream, if Taylor takes this like a break up phase." Joe pipes up, smiling.
After we've eaten, I take up Mom's McDonald's, ice cream and cookies (courtesy of Karlie) and some 80's movies.
"Mom?" I knock lightly on her door. No sound; "Mom, you need to eat. Please, I'll leave the food out here. You don't have to see me," I plead, laying out all her stuff before heading downstairs.
"No luck," I sigh, perching on the window ledge in the living room.
Everyone slowly files upstairs, heading to bed but I stay down. Lying to Gigi, saying I'd be up in 5.
I sit downstairs for hours, doing my best to distract myself.
I try Instagram, I look at Mom's page but it just makes me ache for her to come out further.
I try Twitter.
I look through every single one of my photos.
I lie down on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I hear footsteps, coming down the stairs lightly as I shift my body to see the door creek open.
Mom...
She looks pale and her dark shade of mascara has run down her face.
She doesn't see me and sits down on a chair, shaking in only her pyjamas.
She stands up, heading towards the door, she grabs a coat and walks outside.
I follow her, gently closing the door behind me. She sits on a bench.
2 words- New Romantics.
"Life is just a classroom," I whisper, loud enough for her to hear. Her head spins around to look at me;
"Heartbreak is the national anthem;" She says quietly.
"Mom, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have told you," I mumble sitting next to her on the bench.
"No baby girl, you did the right thing," She states our voices both broken and almost inaudible.
Maybe life is just a classroom and heartbreak is the national anthem... But we sing it proudly.
A/N:
I've seen THE TAYLOR SWIFT LIVE!
Okay now like literally I died when she bought out:
Kendall Jenner
Cara Delevingne
Martha Hunt
Gigi Hadid
Karlie Kloss
Serena Williams
Then I also saw:
ELLIE GOULDING
John Newman
Vance Joy
And was on the same arena as...:
EMMA WATSON
Joe Jonas!!!
8 votes, 4 comments...