Chapter 26~ Sweeter Than Fiction.

"You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset..." I am awoken by the gentle hum of my Mom's voice.
"Morning Arri," I hear T say groggily.
"Morning," I reply slowly walking towards the bathroom to brush my teeth.
I return within 5 minutes and see T is dressed. We swap rooms quickly and I whizz into some capri sweatpants, crop top and one of Mom's tour hoodies. I scribble a note for Austin saying I'll call him when he needs to pick us up and that he needs to sort out the cats.
I pick up my phone and script; throwing them into a bag as I slip on some shoes.
"You ready?" I ask T who grabs her phone and script too.
"Yep,"
We walk down and out of the apartment block where we are greeted by Peyton and Corey.
"Good morning!" Corey starts tackling me and T in hugs as we step outside.
"Woah there! Who's happy this morning?" T questions sarcastically.
"Me!" He replies as we all clamber into a car.
"Let me be the DJ today," Peyton explains as he fastens his seatbelt in the front seat. "Oh, and Arri you seem kinda quiet this morning, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that no human being deserves to be up at this time of day!"
"I feel you there hun'" T chimes in as Peyton turns on some music and winds down the windows.
"This is how I like to wake up in a morning," He states as I Really Like You comes on.
"I really, really, really, really, really like you!" Me and T scream at the top of our lungs.
"God, and they want you to sing the theme tune?!" Peyton asks covering his ears.
"You do realise since May I have spent most of my life in arenas or at concerts so this is just typical Arabella for you," I smile as I hear Corey chuckle.
"Guys we're here," The driver interrupts us; "Straight to hair and makeup after you've been shown to your dressing room."
"Cool, thanks." I say stepping out the car.
"Hey kids!" Ben starts walking up behind us; "See you on set,"
"Great! You're here!" A man quickly introduces himself before running us round the set. "And this is your dressing room; there are places for you all to change at the back, your first outfits you're gonna need today are in the assigned cubicles. Change into those and meet us at hair and makeup in 5; we need to work quick. Chop, chop!"
I drop my bag on to a chair and run to my cubicle and get changed along with the others.
"Woah! Hey Ranger Rick!" T says walking out her cubicle.
"Ooh, hello Riley Matthews," Corey compliments as I walk out.
"Farkle Minkus, Maya Hart. Looking good;" I say, giggling but on the corner of my eye I notice Peyton checking out T.
T and Corey make their way out and I lean up to Peyton's ear; "I saw you checking her out. Dare break her heart and you'll have no face." I whisper as he flinches. "She's fragile, extremely. Don't break her;" I warn, walking out swiftly.
"You two!" T whines; "Come on!"
"Coming, coming!" I sigh; leaving Peyton alone in our dressing room.
Hair and makeup is quickly applied and we are rushed on to set. We quickly scan our scripts and begin shooting. The first 3 scenes are done by lunch.
"Kids, you got some schoolwork to do for an hour this afternoon; then we have to finish this episode. Alright?"
"Great," Corey replies for us all as I run a tired hand through my hair.
We all walk into the dressing room and head for the food. The lot of us dive into the food but I try to eat quickly. I've got a deadline for the theme song; 2 weeks. I haven't even started it.
"Okay kids, you got a lessons worth of work with me today, go grab your folders and take a seat." Our teacher, Miss Treen, orders. We all do as she says and sit down at the desks in the one corner of the room.
"Teagan, Arabella. You both got some languages catch up from what I can see;" She looks into her laptop screen, "Use this lesson to finish any work or lesson booklets. Corey and Peyton; you two both have algebra work due for tomorrow. If you finish that tell me, I'll have another look at your page." She finishes as I grab my laptop- Russian.
About half way through the lesson little August pops his head round the door, "Can T and Arri go to makeup please?"
"Sure they can," Miss Treen smiles at him sweetly; "Girls' with any spare time today finish your lesson, thank you. Good luck with your scene;"
"Thanks;" Me and T chorus; standing up.
"This way!" August jumps about down the corridors.
"Well done buddy!" Ben high fives August as we reach makeup.
"Ready girls?" Danielle asks as we prepare for the shoot.
"I guess," I smile.
.......
"And we're done!" I hear the director yell. I sigh, home, bed, sleep.
We all run into dressing rooms; quickly getting back into our clothes.
When I'm ready, I wait for T. Collapsing on to one of the chairs.
"Aloha A! Au revoir, Peyton et Corey!"
"Come on," I moan; sliding on my shoes and picking up my laptop and folder.
"Okay, stop moaning! I know you didn't get enough sleep last night." T tuts as Corey laughs.
"See you guys!" Corey calls after us.
"Yeah, bye!" Peyton shouts.
"We're only just out the door!" T yells back as I chuckle slightly. "What are you laughing at?" She raises her eyebrows.
"Mm... Nothing;" I smirk.
"Yeah huh-" T replies as she gets interrupted by my phone in my back pocket.
Shawn❤️
(S- Shawn, A- Arri).
S- Hey beautiful,
A- S'up Mendes.
S- Does missing you count?
A- Awe; now shut up with the cute stuff- you're making me blush.
S- Oh, then I'll continue.
A- Stop it!
S- Not gonna happen gorgeous,
A- You're annoying...
S- Don't you know it; how was filming?
A- Tiring. How was sitting in a tour bus all day?
S- Pretty difficult- why did you make the sim pregnant?!
A- How did you cope?
S- Don't ever do it again.
A- Oh right; you want 10 pregnancies Shawn? Okay we can do-
S- Careful,
A- Stranger danger-
I was cut off by Shawn laughing- how disturbing.
A- Shawn stop being so disturbing!
S- Excuse me?!
A- Your laugh is weird.
S- Thanks- way to make me feel brilliant!
A- Awe, no problem- anytime!
S- Well; I gotta go. Call you tomorrow?
A- Whenever, I'm just a mess without your love.
S- Don't you dare try to create a pun with your own song lyrics-
A- Yup. Bye Shawn!
I end the call as we climb into the car. "How's work squirts?" Austin asks.
"Brilliant thanks dorky!" I smile as he rolls his eyes.
"Someone's waiting at home for you A,"
"What Mom's back already!?"
"No, although I'll tell her you said that;"
"I'll tell her we've had takeaway every night;"
"Touché Arabella;"
"And here we have Austin and Arabella Swift going against each other in the tell tale challenge;" T pretends to commentate.
"Hey! You could commentate when you're older!" Austin explains as he pulls up.
"I'll consider it," T grins as we head up to the apartment.
I knock the door and see Grandma open it; "Grandma!" I yell tackling her with hugs.
"Hey sweetie! I didn't think you'd be so excited,"
"Think again," I smile against her hair as she continues to hug me.
"Hate to break up the reunion but I really want some of that lasagne on the table;" Austin says sneakily.
"Austin!" T scolds, smacking him playfully on the arm.
"And how are you honey?" Gran asks T.
"Oh I'm great thank you; how are you?"
"I'm getting through, now let's get some dinner!"
I quickly eat and excuse myself; grabbing my notebook and guitar as I stop off at my room. I carry on along to Mom's room; I gently turn the handle on her door. Nothing's changed. I step slowly inside; closing the door softly behind me.
My hands run over her Polaroid camera on her drawers. I walk over to her bed where I see a box, open.
I look inside; pictures, of me and her; me and her friends, me and T. Some of them look like she found them on the Internet. I dig down several pictures where I find my files, the adoption certificate and another pile of photos. The ones from when I was about 9-11. I finally find the bottom one; pulling it out shakily. It's definitely from the internet. I stare at it as memories come flooding back...
*Flashback*
"Now, princess, there are gonna be a lot of people here. Some of them are going to scream, very loudly and others might take pictures or ask us questions. I want you to hold my hand tight and not run off or answer any of the questions. When Mommy tells you, you can go to Grandma okay?" Mom tells me firmly as she helps me with my shoelaces.
"Got it Mommy!" I squeal as I tie the last bow.
"You have precious! Are you ready to take on the world baby?"
"I think so;" I smile as I grab her hand as we walk out into the big, wide world.
*End of flashback*
Take on the world... That's it.
Within an hour I have shaped up a whole song. I perfect the chords and grin. Done.
"Arri, sweetheart! Your Mom's calling!" Grandma calls out.
"I'll be with you in a minute. Get her to hold on!" I yell back wanting to make sure it's perfect.
I begin to sing, letting all the words fit into place;
I've been waitin'
For a day like this to come
Struck like lightnin'
My heart's beating like a drum
On the edge of something wonderful

Face to face with changes
What's it all about?
Life is crazy
But I know I can work it out
Cause' I got you to live it with me

I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh

Take on the world [x6]

Puzzle pieces, throw them up into the air
Taking chances
Moments happen everywhere
I got you to live them with me

I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh

Take on the world [x5]

Flyin' high
I won't look down
Let my fears fall to the ground

I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life

I feel all right, I'm gonna take on the world
Light up the stars, I've got some pages to turn
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh
I've got a ticket to the top of the sky
I'm comin' up, I'm on the ride of my life
I'm singing oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ooh

Take on the world [x12]
I stand up and open the slightly ajar door where I find Grandma. My jaw drops; "You heard that?!"
"So did your Mom honey,"
"But I was in her room, and I don't know who should know about the song and-" I am thrusted the phone before I can finish.
"Hey," I hear Mom's voice through the phone.
"Hi," I reply, slightly timidly.
"Baby, I'm not mad. That's amazing!"
"Wait what?"
"I said I'm not mad and that it's amazing princess, you did all that?!"
"I guess, Liv, Mere! Mom's on the phone!" I call the cats who rub against my legs in what is probably an excited manner.
"Hey girls!" Mom coos over the phone.
"Okay they're bored,"
"How was work?"
"Tiring, God we filmed, ate, did schoolwork and filmed again till like half seven. How was sitting in a tour bus?"
"Brilliant actually sweetie. As you know today is fast food Friday so-"
"There's no need to rub it in my face Mother!" I scold as she giggles slightly at my remark.
"Sure, sure baby. Look I gotta go, but I promise I'll phone you tomorrow. Bye Arri!"
"Bye Mom," I smile as I end the call and return the phone to Gran.
I know my life is sweeter than fiction.