Chapter Twenty-One: Finally

Start from the beginning

"Wait, wh-who said that? Who convinced you to go through all of this?" I stammered.

"Some girls..., um, Jade. Tiffany. Cathy. Um, and Beth? Bethany? I don't really remember well. They just kept saying you needed help and that you loved me and wanted me to come get you. I-I should have known better. I let them poison my mind and..., Lena, I'm just so sorry."

"I'm sorry too, Harper. It would seem we were both tricked. I blamed you completely and I didn't stop to think there was more to the story. I'm so sorry for this." I sighed, untying him.

"It's more my fault than yours. I deserved this after everything I put you through." He chuckled, morphing before my eyes into the Harper I used to know. "If you hadn't gone through all this, I probably wouldn't have realized I was wrong and I would still try to take you away. I love you too much to hurt you anymore. I'll show where Jasper is."

"Thank you, Harper."

"Yeah, thanks, Harper." A smirking Cory came through the door.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"Long enough to know we're going to have bigger problems when we get your man back. I'm thinking Jasper's going to be in a sour mood and reluctant to listen." His eyes flickered to Harper suggestively. I knew he was right. I knew my mate and getting kidnapped wasn't going to sit well with him.

"The best thing to do is get him and try our best to calm him enough so we can figure stuff out. I need my mate. Now." I asserted, heading for the door. I'm getting Jasper back, right now!

*************************************

"How much further?" I grunted as we climbed yet another hill. We had driven two hours just to get to the godforsaken  forest that held the cabin Jasper was being kept in.

"It's just over this hill." Harper yelled down to me.

"What if this is a trap?" Cory asked beside me. My brother's turned to nod their agreement with his statement then turned their eyes back to Harper.

"If it is, I'll have him back down in that dungeon so quick it'll make his head spin." I grunted again.

I was about to suspect that Cory and my brothers were right about Harper tricking us, until we reached the peak of the hill and the walkway leveled out. In the midst of the trees, a windowless cabin stood alone. Outside guards stood around the perimeter, wary of our arrival. Harper waved them off and, despite being reluctant, they moved. I guessed the Warriors I had tied up in the clearing hadn't gotten out because none of them seemed surprised that he was there. Inside the tiny cabin, Harper led us to the only room.

"Jasper!"I yelled, pushing passed Harper into the room. Jasper was in the middle of the room with an IV in his arm. "Get this off of him! Now!" I ordered, touching his face. The sparks instantly took over and my heart soared. "Baby. Baby, please wake up." I pleaded while people worked to get him unchained and the IV out. "We've got to get him out of here. We need to get him to the pack doctor."

Jason made quick work of grabbing him up and we made it back home twice as fast as we got there. I set it so Dr. Holland could come to our room and finish working on him so Jason quickly took him upstairs and placed him on our bed. Dr. Holland made me wait outside while he worked. Back and forth I paced in front of the door until, finally, it opened.

"How is he?" I asked frantically.

"He'll pull through. The only thing they gave him was something to make him too groggy to contact anybody. I've given him some stuff to stave off the effects and he should be fine in a few hours at the rate he's going. They didn't seem to feed him, so I suggest a feast when he gets up."