Chapter Three: I Can't Believe I Did That

Jasper's POV....

I quickly ran upstairs to change into the suit I had picked out for tonight's party. Bethany, my girlfriend of three years, had been badgering me for days not to be late to her birthday party but here I was, late as always. I showered quickly then threw on the black suit I set out earlier and my diamond stud, which I had taken off before going to my meeting with my father, which I always did whether it was a video chat or in person. Before heading out of my room, I brushed my hair, making sure my waves were straight and I thought about my meeting with my father.

As always, though I was now the Alpha, he thought it imperative to jump down my throat at all times. The only reason I put up with it was because I didn't want to have to fight my own father to the death, I knew he would challenge me for my title if I didn't do what he said this time. I know that the mark of a good Alpha is being in control of their own pack and their own life but my father is still my father and his death would kill my mother. I couldn't risk almost killing him again.., I couldn't go back to that time.

I grabbed my keys and jumped into my black Mustang, rushing down the highway to the restaurant that the party was at. Ricardo's Bistro had been a new restaurant about six years ago and, since it's opening back then, it had been on the up and up. I had gone to it years ago with my parents but I hadn't been there in so long, it was going to be a pleasant experience going back. I pulled up outside, parking my car in the lot across the street and making my way to the door.

Inside, most of my pack members and Bethany's friends were there. I looked around, trying to pinpoint my Beta and the rest of my friends. As I was looking, a strong scent hit my nose and I took a deep breath. Mate, I thought just as my wolf went crazy.

"Mate, mate, mate!" Dylan, my wolf, yelled excitedly in my head. I tried to ignore him and ignore the pull and do what I came here for.

I saw the table that Jason and Jacob had sat at with their current girlfriends. I looked around for Bethany and realized she was nowhere to be found. I took out my phone, standing in the doorway and called her but I got her voicemail.

I left a message letting her know that everybody was here and that we were all waiting for her then hung up. I had set it with her that I wouldn't be picking her up because I was going to have my meeting with my father and she had been okay with it. I couldn't understand why she was so worried about me being late when she was later than I was. I shook my head, heading to the table where Jason and Jacob sat. My eyes landed on the waitress and my heart stuttered.

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life. Her deep brown hair was pulled back into a pristine bun, leaving her heart-shaped face open for inspection. Her mocha colored skin was smooth and unblemished and her lips were plump and glistening. She wore tiny hoop earrings and a necklace that just barely popped out of her collar. Her body was curvy making me want to dive into her right there in that restaurant.

She was leaning down to give everybody their drinks, giving me good look at her cleavage and ass, and I liked what I was seeing. Mmm, she better not do that all night. She don't know me, I'll grab that ass..... My thoughts trailed off as I fought for control over my raging arousal. She was truly perfect in every way.

She must have noticed me walking up because she looked over and stared, her eyes taking me in just as mine at done with her. At first I was shocked at her bold inspection of me then I trained my expression to a blank mask. I smelled her arousal rising and it took everything in me not to take her.

I greeted Jacob as I took one of the available seats and sat down. I saw her eyes flash in recognition then she seemed to snap out of her inspection and finished putting down the drinks. She started talking and I lost track of her words, just focusing on her beautiful voice. Her voice was so sweet it sounded like music.