Chapter Fifteen: Family Picture

Jasper watched over me my whole shift and Harper wasn't allowed anywhere near me. When my shift was done, I quickly dropped off my apron and made my way outside, careful not to let Harper within fifteen feet of me. I saw him glaring at Jasper and I as Jasper led me out of the restaurant but he made no move to do anything.

"Thanks for today." I said once we were in Jasper's car.

"Anytime. I kind of like watching you work, it's calming being able to keep an eye on you." He smiled, taking one of his hands off the wheel and holding mine in it. "Did that guy say anything to you today?"

"What would make you ask that?" I asked after a moment of hesitation.

"I don't know. You just seemed to start thinking about moving out once you came for your break. Before, though I'll admit we hadn't really talked about it, I was pretty sure you didn't want to leave. Then, at your break, you seemed to look at me different for a while." He shrugged. "I just figured he must have said something."

"He did. He just said a lot of stuff about you and...., it kind of got to me. It doesn't matter anymore, though, I'm not thinking about it. I know what you are and..., though we aren't official or anything, I know who I want to be with right now and hopefully in my future as well." I shrugged, looking straight at the road ahead as I spoke. Jasper stayed silent until we got back to the pack house and were on our way up to my room.

"I'm glad you didn't let him ruin whatever this is for us but..., I really think we need to define us soon." He said, stopping me before I could head into my room. "I would like, more than anything to be able to call you my girlfriend. I just want you to be okay with that when I do." He kept his head down, glancing up at me from under his lashes.

"I think...., I think I might like that, being called your girlfriend. I'm not going to lie and say I understand what we are right now but I do know that I like being with you and I want to continue doing that, exclusively." I grinned, leaning forward and ducking down to kiss his cheek. I didn't linger to see his reaction, though, I just ducked quickly into my room.

I tried not to think too hard about the consequences of my choice while I undressed and got my books at. I had so many important things to think about and thinking too hard about my relationship status wasn't going to help me with anything else. I took out a highlighter and a notebook, pushing everything but class out of my mind until I eventually fell asleep. I had studied so hard, I ended up dreaming about my class and the test. It was good in some ways, because it was like an extra review, but I would have enjoyed dreaming about Jasper.

The next morning, I woke to the sound of my own stomach growling. I chuckled to myself as I clambered off the bed and into the restroom to begin getting dressed. While I was dressing, I could feel Nina pushing the boundaries like she always did on the day of the full moon. I struggled more than usual to push her down and continued getting myself ready to go down for breakfast then head to class.

When I thought I looked decent, I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs to the dining room. Cory and Jasper's packs sat around the table, filling all but two seats. Mine was empty and so was another one down the line because the girl who was supposed to be sitting there was sitting in Jasper's lap. Jade. Jasper, not seeing me standing there, looked at Jade reproachfully and shook his head.

"Jade, we've talked about this. Whatever I once was to you is gone. I'm trying to make things work with Lena and she's the only one I want to be with. Now, please, get up before I dump you on the floor." He grumbled at her. She stayed there and he looked so uncomfortable it was adorable.

"I think you heard what he said." I smirked, walking into view. "Now get off of my boyfriend's lap before I snatch you by that mop of split ends you call your hair." I crossed my arms. She huffed but got up. "Ooo, I see you're not as stupid as you look." My voice came out chipper and sweet though my words weren't quite that nice. She glared at me on the way to her chair and even after she sat down. I leaned down to kiss Jasper's cheek then took my own seat. Jasper looked at me, smiling goofily. "What are you smiling so big about?" I raised a brow as I grabbed some food.