Until We Meet Again Part 1

A/N: AU where Derek and Stiles are exes and then they meet again after a few years... well, there's a bit of angst and sex and happy ending! :)

Enjoy!

**

Stiles left Derek on a cold Tuesday morning.

Derek was with a woman with long blonde hair and red lipstick; she wore a black leather miniskirt and a blue bustier under her leather jacket. He had his arm over her shoulders as they got out of Stiles' favorite restaurant; the night before Stiles left.

Stiles stood there just five feet away from them; he didn't make a sound, his eyes were watery but he didn't make a scene nor did he call Derek's attention. He turned back around, covered his head with his hoodie and went back to their apartment.

--

When Derek came home that night, he found Stiles sitting on the couch eating ice cream as he watched Captain America.

He smiled as he sat next to his boyfriend and pressed his lips against the side of Stiles' neck, "Miss you..."

"You're home late..." Stiles muttered as he offered Derek a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

Derek sighed and said, "Oh, work has been a killer the past few days."

"Have you eaten dinner?" Stiles asked, fighting away the tears from his eyes.

"Yep. Isaac and Boyd wanted to catch up. I'm gonna shower, okay?" He said as he got up and went to their room.

Stiles sat there with his eyes glued to the T.V., his tears falling down his eyes as he watched Captain America kiss Peggy one last time.

They made love that night; words of promises and kisses of passion and love exchanged between them one last time.

Stiles came with tears falling down his eyes as he said, "I love you..."

Derek came afterwards as he kissed away the tears from Stiles' face, murmuring those three words back as he collapsed on top of Stiles.

The next morning, Derek woke up to an empty bed, half empty closet and a note that says, "I will always love you."

**

Two Years later...

"Mr. S, look what I've got for you!"

Stiles turned to see one of his students, Alexa, a cute seven-year-old girl with black hair that reached her shoulders and soft brown eyes, ran towards his leg and said, "I baked you cookies!"

He grinned down at her as he accepted the mason jar with bite-sized cookies in it, "Thanks, Alexa! Go and eat your food while I hide these from the Cookie Monster."

It had been two years since he left New York and came back to Beacon Hills. He was devastated but he had help from his Dad, Melissa and Scott.

Those were the longest two years of his life. He left Derek with just a note. He came home crying to his Dad.

His Dad wanted to shoot Derek right between the eyes but he had begged him not to.

He cut off all communications with their friends in New York; he changed his numbers and e-mails just so Derek won't contact him.

Derek called John a hundred times before he grew tired of it.

He left voice messages asking why he had left; if he had done anything wrong but Stiles didn't want to talk anymore. He was hurt and so broken.

But one night, he sent him an e-mail saying, "Please stop calling my Dad or any of my friends. You won't find me anywhere. Goodbye, Derek. I will always love you but it hurts so much."

He thought that Derek was the one when they had met at a coffee shop in New York; they had hit if off quite well. Three years of being together all down the drain.

Some nights he thought to himself; what if he had stayed and listened to Derek? What would his life be now?

**

Derek drove down to Beacon Hills the moment his Mom told him that she was going to have the house renovated after ten years.

He thought of Stiles and how he would've loved this place.

The morning he woke up two years ago, he knew that he was never going to see Stiles again. Three years and he was gone.

He called Stiles and everyone that Stiles knew; even his Dad but the answer was all the same, "I haven't seen him."

"I don't know."
"He hasn't called me."

He was so happy when Stiles had e-mailed him six months after he had left; but it was a goodbye. Stiles had left the country and even though Derek wanted to follow him and fight for him; he wouldn't know where to start... so, he left him be.

It was the longest two years of Derek's life and he regretted not asking Stiles.

**

"No, Dad, I'm not buying you bacon." Stiles said as he placed oats and cereal into the cart.

When they both hang up; Stiles wished he didn't stop and looked up.

Derek Hale was only three feet away; his eyes glued to his and all of Stiles' hard work, all the time he spent trying to forget about this time, disappeared right before his eyes.

"Stiles?" Derek made a choked up sound but Stiles made the move first; he turned his cart and pushed it to a different direction.

He paid quickly and left just like two years ago.

**

When Stiles got home, he found his Dad in the kitchen working on a few cases.

He sat down; shoulders sagging and eyes cast down with his lips formed into a frown.

"Hey, what's wrong?" John asked as he set aside the paperwork.

Stiles looked up and said, "I saw Derek at grocery."

John flinched and said, "Shit... Did you two talk at least?"

But Stiles didn't say anything and just shook his head in response.

"What am I gonna do, Dad?" Stiles asked as his eyes were filled with tears.

His feelings for Derek were still there but he still kept coming back to that night when he saw the man with another woman.

He wanted to scream and shout but he sat there with his Dad's arms around him, holding him close as he broke down once more.

**

To be continued...