Puppy Love

A/N: Stiles finds an injured wolf/dog in the preserve and decided to keep it! Hilarity and fluff ensues!

**

Stiles knows that he shouldn't keep it. It was an endangered animal; he should probably call Animal Control or Dr. Deaton.

But no, instead, he calls Scott who was still at the clinic.

**

"Stiles, I'm going to lose my job because of you..." Scott muttered as he stitched up the deep gashes on the wolf's body.

Stiles didn't reply and just ran his fingers through the black fur of the wolf.

"Dude! Can you hand me the bandages?" Scott nudged him and Stiles flailed around for it.

"Is he okay now?" Stiles asked.

"I gave him a mild sedative so he'll be a bit groggy... He doesn't have any tags on him either." Scott explained as he secured the bandages around the wolf.

Stiles began to breathe easy knowing that the wolf would make it.

He smiled at Scott and said, "I'm keeping him."

Scott's eyes widened and sputtered over his words saying, "Are you--- are you out of your fucking mind, Stiles!? Wolves like this guy aren't made to be pets! He's gonna eat you alive!"

But for some reason, Stiles scoffed at his best friend and said, "Oh, please, he was still conscious when I found him and he knows my scent. I saved him, Scotty."

Scott just rolled his eyes and said, "If he chews out a chunk off of your arm, I'm gonna laugh at you first before getting you to the hospital."

Unfortunately, Stiles wasn't listening anymore. He was too busy admiring his new cuddle buddy.

**

Stiles took the wolf home with Scott's help. The wolf was still groggy from the sedative and still hasn't regained control of his limbs.

Scott gave him vitamins and pain meds so that the wolf could heal easily.

And when Scott left, Stiles sat down on his bed and stared at the giant wolf currently dozing on his recently bought dog bed.

The wolf's fur was completely black and belly was dark as well. He looked well taken cared of from what Stiles could tell; the wolf had soft fur and smelled like fresh dew, grass and musk.

He suddenly got up when the wolf stirred to consciousness, he immediately ran his fingers through his fur and said in a gentle voice, "Hey... You're safe now... You're going to be okay..."

And then the wolf drifted back to slumber.

**

Derek's body ached all over. His senses were flooded by a familiar scent, like family.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw a blurry figure and voice soothing him.

"You're safe now."

"You're going to be okay."

And then he drifted back to sleep.

**

Stiles woke up with someone breathing down on his face and when he opened his eyes, he scrambled away only to see the wolf he had rescued.

The wolf was glaring at him... or maybe scowling. He really couldn't tell.

"H-hey buddy, you don't remember me, do you? I f-found you while I was wandering around the preserve last night... I brought you to my best friend so he could fix you up..." Stiles explained.