Jily Part 10

The sun streamed through the windows into the common room; casting bright sunlight across the wooden floor and onto the two figures sleeping in the armchair. The fire was out, the lilies disappeared and three figures crept up on the two. The tallest of the three, his dark hair falling in his eyes, had a mischievous grin, the smallest had his hands held in front of his chest, his fingers clutched like claws, and the last one just sat in the free armchair and yawned, his sunken face almost a sickly yellow color.

“Moony! You have to help us too!” The boy with the black hair whispered to the latter. The smaller boy’s mouth turned up into a grin as he and the black haired boy got closer to the two sleeping in the armchair.

“Wormtail, you don’t have to follow this git, he just does whatever he wants.”

“SHH!” The black haired boy gave Moony a dark look “You are going to ruin all my fun!”

“Not before I do.” A voice spoke, loud and clear across the common room. The three looked around for the source of the voice and then Wormtail jumped back when James popped his head up and gave them all dirty looks.

“Prongs! You’ve ruined my plan, why did you have to wake up?” James thrust his finger to his mouth; his eyebrows pulled down, and pointed at the sleeping figure in his lap.

“If you know what is best for you Padfoot I suggest you leave them alone.” Moony called from his chair. Padfoot; his long hair moving with the swivel of his head; looked from Wormtail to James then back to Moony before sinking onto the ground, his arms folded.

Just as James was about to shoo them away Lily stirred in his arms, she lifted her lead slowly from his chest and blinked her eyes open. She looked around the room to see the three new additions to the room. She sat up quickly, her head hitting James’ chin and slid from his lap to the floor, clutching her head in pain.

Two of the boys in the room stifled their laughter as they watched the scene.

“Sorry James.” Lily croaked; her throat dry. James shook his head and gave the two boys dirty looks before leaning down to help Lily off the floor.

“What time is it?” Lily asked when she was seated properly in the armchair, James standing off to the side, his hand near her shoulder.

“Oh around ten.” Moony replied, looking at his watch sullenly. Lily’s eyes widened.

“We’ve missed Charms!” Padfoot shrugged, and twitched the sleeves on his shirt above his elbows.

“Lily, I don’t think we have ever been formally introduced.” James gave Padfoot a glare as he stuck his hand out to her. Slowly, Lily took his hand and shook it.

“I’m Sirius, but then again, you already know that. That there,” he gestured towards Moony with his hand, “Is Remus and the little one is Peter. Come to us anytime you are having trouble with Prong- er I mean James here. He can be a bit of a handful sometimes. Especially when it comes to women.” Sirius laughed a deep warbling laugh as James stepped forward to smack his head with his hand.

“Only joking, only joking!” Sirius stepped back and raised his hands in the air before taking his place back on the rug on the hearth.

“Say Lily.” Sirius looked from Remus to Peter, and then to James before continuing, “Why don’t you let us hang out with you today. James is a tad boring wouldn’t you say? We can show you a good time.” James cleared his throat.

“No Sirius we can’t, we’ve got classes.” Lily looked around at the commotion, unsure of what to think as James shook his head vigorously at Padfoot.

“That hasn’t stopped us before-”

“Sirius.”

“Sure.” All eyes in the room went to Lily. “I’ll hang out with you guys.” James and Remus’ jaws dropped.

“Y-you’ll what?” James stuttered.

“I’ll hang out with you guys; I am a bit curious as to what you all do.” James sunk onto the arm of the chair, his head in his hand, one arm folded over his stomach as Sirius whooped joyfully.