Chapter 9: General Vogelstein

We had started operation "Iron Eagle" by doing surveillance on the Neo Nazis. We eventually located Vogelstein in the western portion of Germany, where all of the undead were at. We were going over there soon to try to bag her in one shot. It sounded like a tall order, but I'd do it any day. The whole team was set to deploy in five minutes, and I saw Commander Bähr stomping around in his power armor. It was a special version of the power armor. Since he's in arm or leadership posistiom, his power armor variant is the Command Suit, and it can do things like repair its self and can access any radio channel. We all got on the VTOL plane and it took us to West Germany fairly quickly.

When we arrived, those of us not wearing power armor were wearing our cold weather gear. Bähr said "Everyone, spread  out and surround the building. We'll attack on my command."

We surrounded the building, and Hartwin had his posistion ready. I was next to the door, Rita had the roof. Natalya had a rocket launcher at the ready from a distance. Herzig couldn't be seen, which was a good indicator she was ready. Ulrich was preparing his magic. I was as given the signal by Bähr and I stepped aside as Bähr charged and destroyed the door and we opened fire. We had armor piercing rounds, so we were able to shoot through the dry wall. We saw Bähr get blasted out, then the roof exploded in dark energy. We saw Vogelstein smiling at us and she said "What brings you here?"

I said "You're wanted for terrorism bitch.."

I heard Hartwin fire his rifle and Vogelstein held up her hand and the bullet was surrounded by dark energy. I saw her sling the bullet through Rita's throat. I shouted out "RITA!!!!" as Rita fell to the ground. Ulrich blasted magical energy at Vogelstein. She blocked it with a purple force field, then said "Oh look, a play mate.." and Vogelstein knocked Ulrich out with purple lightining. She disappeared and I ran to Rita to hold her.

She couldn't speak, but I told her "Everything's going to be okay..." Rita smiled, nodded her head, then she slowly closed her eyes and wheezed out her last breath. I began sobbing into her hair, and I felt Natalya's soft grip on my shoulder. 

10 hours later.....

Rita was given a proper burial, but that didn't soothe my broken heart. Natalya held me like a baby for hours since I was crying back at the HQ. I didn't know how powerful Vogelstein was....no one knew how powerful she was. I felt hurt, and days after her burial I had gotten drunk for the first time in my life. I had a horrible hangover afterwards, and I was still depressed. Natalya helped me through my grieving, and I knew she was hurting too. She just didn't cry on the outside.