-SIX-

FLORA'S POV

This is really happening. I'm traveling in a small car with four people a couple weeks ago. Four different, quirky, weird people who I would never picture myself wanting to be around. This is so exciting. I've never been on a road trip and I've never gone anywhere with my friends.

Friends.

That's weird to say. We're all so different that you'd think we would hate each other. But we don't. At least I hope they don't hate me.

It's been an hour in the car and I already have to pee. But I won't say anything until we've been driving for two hours. I don't want to be annoying.

I'm reading Eleanor and Park. I didn't intend to get this far until the book but it's so good. I can't stop reading.

We stopped talking after Celia fell asleep because we didn't want to wake her. Danny's driving while listening to music with one headphone, Eliot's playing some game on his phone, and Chloe's writing something in her notebook. It's peaceful.

Then Celia starts screaming.

She thrashes around in her seat, screaming at the top of her lungs. We all jump, causing Danny to swerve in and out of the lane.

We sit still in our seats as she screams. My heart is beating so fast I can hear it. Chloe hugs her knees and I can tell it scared her too.

"Holy shit." Danny says as Celia yells.

She starts yelling out words that aren't quite clear enough to understand. Suddenly she starts crying, tears running down her cheeks.

"What do we do?" Eliot asks and I shrug.

"She would wake her?" I ask, watching her yell, tears dripping onto her flannel shirt.

"Yeah. Wake her, she's freaking me out." Danny says.

I sit up in my seat and poke her gently. She doesn't wake up so I shake her arm slightly.

She jumps awake and I yelp, moving back. She takes a few deep breaths and wipes the tears off her face. Then she takes out her phone and starts texting as if nothing happened.

"Um, what the hell was that?" Danny asks, looking over at her.

"Sorry. I just had a nightmare. It's fine." She mumbles.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asks, finding her voice again.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. It happens all the time." She answers and looks out the window. I notice the worries look Danny gives her.

"Okay." I say gently and go back to my book.

CHLOE'S POV

We sit in silence for a bit, not asking any more questions to give Celia some space.

I'm writing some thought in my notebook. Writing helps me relax, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's always helped.

I jump a little when my phone starts to ring. I take it out of my pocket and roll my eyes when I see that it's Eliot, who is sitting right beside me.

"Why are you calling me?" I ask, talking into the phone.

"Hello to you too." He says and I look over to see his goofy smile.

Celia looks over at as, confused, and rolls her eyes.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask, trying not to smile.

"I said I would call you every night so..." He trails off and chuckles.

"You're right beside me, just talk to me in person." I say, grinning a little.

"This is more private." He says and Celia groans from the front seat.

"Everyone can still hear us Eliot." I say, talking to him instead of the phone.

"Hmm, you're right." He taps his chin like he's thinking.

I hang up and turn to face him. He puts his phone away too and smiles at me.

"So..." He says.

"So..." I reply.

"What's up?" He asks and I laugh.

"Oh my god. Just stop. Please." Celia turns to face us, the irritation clear in her voice.

"Huh?"

"Your sad attempt at flirting is hurting me physically and emotionally. Please refrain from doing so." She says a turns back around, a smirk on her lips.

I blush and Eliot looks down, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Favourite colour?" He asks suddenly.

"Hmm?"

"What's your favourite colour?" He repeats.

"Oh. Um, blue. I guess." I answer and he nods.

"Mine is orange." He says.

"Siblings?" I ask.

"Nope. I have a little cousin though. Molly. She's staying with us for a bit." He replies.

"I have an younger sister. Rose." I say simply, not wanting to elaborate on the subject.

"Cool." He says with a small smile.

"Yeah." I smile back.

"Yeah." We sit in silence for a bit and enjoy this moment. Everything is happening so fast. It's great but it's hard to keep up. I just want to enjoy these moments.

"My favourite movie is hands down Star Wars." Eliot says suddenly, as if he really wants to tell me. "But I could never pick which one because they're all so good." He says, his excitement clear in his eyes.

"You're such a nerd!" Danny yells from the driver's seat.

"Says the boy in a book club." Celia says and punches him playfully.

ELIOT'S POV

I listen to my iPod and read some more of Eleanor and Park while drinking my water bottle. I've had a weird energy all day. I just want to dance and laugh and enjoy this.

If this were a movie it would be the part where we drive in silence and some inspiring song plays. The kind of song that makes you want to change the world. That's my favourite part of movies.

Everyone is sleeping. Except for me and Celia, who is driving the car. I look down at Chloe who fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.

Probably because she's sitting in the middle and couldn't lean her head on the door.

Her sweater sleeve is rolled up enough for me to see all the scars on her wrist. I carefully take her hand and examine her scars. Then I roll her sleeve down and hold her hand.

She smiles a little in her sleep.

I put my book away and lean my head against my car door, falling asleep with her hand in mine.

CELIA'S POV

I'm alone.

Everyone's asleep and I'm alone. It's quiet and peaceful. I like it.

I love it.

DANIELS'S POV

She hasn't noticed I've been watching her every move.

She's lost.

CHLOE'S POV

I'm not sleeping.

A/N: HEY! We hit 5000 reads!! OMG! That's halfway to 10k! THANK YOU!! So school starts tomorrow and I'm sad but not. Updates may be slower because of school. But probably not cause I'd rather write than do homework heh heh.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! The ending was a little different, so ya that's cool I guess. Don't forget to vote and comment please! See ya!!!