Chapter 14 Cedar Point

Day 1:
We decide to go to Soak city. Since it's our first day here and it's an hour drive up, we figured that it would be nice to check out the water park portion first. Cedar Point is the main section. Yes, they are two separate parks, but they are on the same penninsula and owned by the same people. So that means they are connected, but you need separate clearances into each park unless you have a certain kind of ticket or pass. Thankfully, we all got platinum passes. Now that pass has extra bonuses, like free parking and early access.

As soon as we got to Cedar Point, we went straight to our hotel. We checked in, dropped off our bags, got changed, and then we left for the water park. Since there are a lot of us, room assignments went like this:
Abby, Lucy and I in one room,
Adam, Jake, and David in another,
And finally, Adam's parents and their adopted kids were in the last room. It worked out pretty well.

Our room was gorgeous! We had a perfect view of Lake Erie from our balcony. I know, we got a balcony. The boys room looks similar except it's across the hall and their bed's background pictures are of the Ferris wheel and not Gatekeeper. They also have a view of the parks, where we get a view of the beach. The hotel we decided to stay at is Hotel Breakers. It's super nice, and right on the water. You can walk right into either park since there's both entrances nearby.

Anyways enough about the room and hotel! We went to Soak City!

I don't have much to say about it. It was fun. It contributed to making the week the best of my life, but it wasn't the reason for it. We went on all the water slides and it was the first of July. That's all I have to say. Honestly, I just want to get to the good part. Don't judge me.

Day 2:
We went on all the family and kid rides! Yeah I know right? So much fun. It was fun, but it still wasn't my favorite day.

Now I know what you're wondering. Why on God's green Earth would you waste a day of Cedar Point on family and kid rides? Isn't that the parent's job? Yes, yes it is. But because that's what they had to do the rest of the trip, they asked us if we wouldn't mind spending one day with Lucy and David. Adam's adopted siblings came too. I know I haven't mentioned much of these two, but they are still shy around me. And Adam hasn't talked about them much. Just that their names are Leo and Daisy. They are American and younger than Lucy and David.

The two adopted siblings are too young to ride all the rides, so we did the small rides with them. Then their parents took them on some bigger rides later in the week. We didn't want to waste a day trying to figure out what rides we could take them on instead of knowing ahead of time. At least this way the rides are all age and height appropriate and we don't have to worry that they might change their minds about riding them.

The four of us took them to the little kid areas like Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy. We rode the tilt-a-whirl, pipe scream, balloon races, Sky ride, Lake Erie Eagles, railroad, and drove all the cars, and we even got them on the giant wheel. David and Lucy rode more than that with Leo and Daisy, but those are the ones we all rode more than once.

Anyways, still not my favorite day.

Day 3:
July 3rd. We timed this trip up just right. Jake, Abby, Adam, and I decide to do all the thrill rides. Since the hotel entrance into the park is at the back, we go to those thrill rides first.

We head over to Skyhawk, which is just like a giant swing set. I sit in between Adam and Abby, with Jake on the other side of Abby, of course. I still need to ask her what's up....

Afterwards, we go to Wave Swinger. There's not many thrill rides, so we're doing them all. Even the ones that are a little more kiddish, but hey they're still fun. Wave Swinger really are swings, a lot of them that spin around and around. We all get swings by each other so we can talk.

"Careful some of these may be wet. I know it's early and this isn't a water ride, but these swings are good at drying you off after getting soaked," I say as we sit down. "And they get soaked."

"Wouldn't they get dry too?" Adam asks.

"You really think people are already drying off from water rides? How many water rides are there?" Jake ponders.

"No, they wouldn't get dry because people's wet butts are sitting in them. It's just a precaution, and yes it's warm enough that people could be on water rides already. And there are three. Snake River Falls, Thunder Canyon, and Shoot the Rapids," I say as we lift off the ground.

"Wow. You sure get a lot of wind up here," Abby states.

"You haven't seen anything yet," I replied.

We made our way to the witches wheel next. It's single rider and I've only ridden it once. It's fun, if you don't mind going upside down by yourself.

After that the boys tried to get us on the slingshot. No way in hell am I going on that. Besides, it cost extra money anyways. Adam said he would pay but I told him I couldn't let him do that.

We went to the Power Tower instead and had some serious fun with that one. We went on the shot side first. It shoots you up the tower and not down. Then we went to the drop side and got dropped. Abby and I did the shot tower again and the boys did the drop tower, then we switched. We would switch people we were sitting by too. It was hilarious. We made faces of fear at each other before being dropped or sky rocketed into the air. On the drop tower we all had penny's on our legs and watched them levitate as we dropped. Even though we're not supposed to. Hehe.

After our Power Tower fun, I took them to the scariest thrill ride there, WindSeeker. That is what I was talking about when I told Abby she hadn't seen anything yet. This was the giant swing, and there's a reason for the name. You catch some serious air up there. I think I know why it's so scary. The fact of it being the tallest ride where you're actually up there for more than a few seconds is the reason why people freak out. See, with the dragster, you're at the top for no more than 7 seconds. The Power Tower is a few more than that. But with WindSeeker your spinning around until you reach the top, spin a few times up there, then start to go down to the bottom again.

Since the ride is frightening, we rode it in our original pairs: Adam and I, and Jake and Abby. All of us freaked out at some point, whether the boys want to admit it or not.

After that we rode Maxair, which is always a favorite. It plays mind tricks on you though.... I swear every time we swing and spin our way to the other side, we get that much closer to hitting the giant pole.

We rode all of the thrill rides, several times, but we didn't care. Day 4 was going to be all about the roller coasters, those lines get insane. Since we weren't going to have time the rest of the trip, we decided to do the water rides too. And because we had so much time, Adam convinced me to go on the slingshot, which is exactly what it sounds like. Abby was too stubborn to go, even with my persuasive "not that bad's."

Day 4:
As I said, it was all about the roller coasters, and this was my favorite day. I mean, who doesn't love a good roller coaster? Oh and by the way, happy 4th of July.