Chapter 8 The Plan

I did make up this 'plan' because I wanted to hang out with Adam. Alright I didn't have a plan, but I wanted to help him, so I went with it. I had good intentions okay?

I really do think I can help him feel better, and forget about that... that...

"Sounds good. So what's the first thing in this plan?" Crap. I hadn't thought of that.

"Uhhhh, well, there's a GameStop around the corner."

"You? At a GameStop? No I couldn't take you there. You don't belong at a store like that."

"Really? I think you'd be surprised."

"Alright. Let's go then."

We throw our trash away and take a left out of the food court. We walk past several stores before we make another left. The GameStop is the first store on the right. Once inside, I start looking for games I know.

"So what games do you play?" I ask him.

"Probably ones you have never heard of."

"Like I said, you might be surprised."

"Okay. I play Halo, Call of Duty, any of the Need For Speeds, Assassins Creed, and well sports that I don't think you would care about."

"Okay first of all, I know and play all of those. And second of all, I cheer for football so you could just tell me you play Madden."

"Wow."

"Told you you'd be shocked."

"You have an Xbox?"

"Duh. How else would I play those games?"

"Well I'm trying to figure out if your lying to me or not, but so far I can't tell."

"I'm not lying to you. Let's go home and I'll show you."

"Alright, but let me look at some of these games first."

"Really? I have a lot of these games. And anything I don't have, I'm sure you will," I reason.

"True. Alright we can go. I'm waiting for some bigger releases anyways. Both Assassins Creed Syndicate and Halo 5 is coming out this year. Do you have an Xbox One or a 360?"

"Both." He looks at me. I can't tell if he's impressed or if he thinks that's hot. Maybe both.

We wind our way back through the mall and out the exit.

"You're going to have to show me these Xbox's you have. I don't know if I believe you." We put our bags into the car and hop in.

"Well, you should." I lean in close to him so we are directly eye to eye. "Why would I lie to you?" I bat my eyes twice.

"Maybe to impress me," he shoots back.

"Please. Like I would care to impress you. Besides it's not so hard. All I have to do is not act like a valley girl. I tell you I play the xbox and your brain melts out of your skull."

"Where I come from, you are one of a kind."

"I know. Remember that." He gives me a questioning look, but shakes it off. I turn the car on and start driving.

On the way home, I have an actual plan pop into mind. Sort of.

"Hey, so my plan." I pause to think of a way to explain my thoughts. "Tonight we will have a guys night out. I will act like a guy of course, and then tomorrow I'll help you pick out a girl to have a fling with." I know this sounds bad, but I just mean someone to flirt and hang out with.

"No, enough flings."

"Why not? That's not a guy thing to say you know. Besides that's basic man therapy am I right?"

"No. Strip clubs are."

"Okay, it's basically the same thing. And besides you can't even get into a strip club unless you have a fake I-D." He glances at me with a sheepish look on his face. But it almost seems like there's a prideful smirk too. "You have a fake I-D?!"

"It's Beverly Hills, everyone has a fake I-D."

"I honestly hate you. What did you use it for?"

"Parties." I narrow my eyes at him. "Don't worry I never went to a strip club."

"Uh-huh." How can I believe him?

"I swear I didn't. I promise Chloe."

"Okay. I believe you. Anyways, I think a fling would give you your mojo back. And you don't have to do anything, but flirt and hang out."

"I was going to say that was one of the reasons why I was a jerk. And I'm sick of meaningless flings anyways." I think back to our conversation and try to remember when he mentioned flings. I can only recall the flirting. Maybe he left the fling part out? But why?

"Why can't I have a fling with you?" He was saying. Literally, just got the chills. My cheeks turned red hot as I answered him.

"There are better girls you can choose and I don't want to ruin our friendship." Lies, such lies. I want him to date me even though I still don't know him that well.

"Whatever you say boss. I can tell this is going to be fun." He gives me a wink.
Yeah. Sooo much fun....

My Summer RomanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara