Chapter 18 Second Date

I told Adam that even though I live in Ashland, I have never really "explored" it. Bad idea.

For our second date, he suggested that we "explore" Ashland together. He said that since he's unfamiliar with downtown and I apparently never get out, it would be a perfect date.

I dont know why he doesn't know the city since he travels here every other year. He and Jake must have played video games the whole time. Well, can't complain. At least I get to hang out with my favorite guy. And to be fair, I've never really gone downtown either, even though I live here.

Today is Monday the 13th. Two days after our last date. What? You have to put some time in between dates. Plus nothing's really open on a Sunday.

Adam drives us again, although we will spend most of the time walking. He parks my car over by the college. We get out and walk along the sidewalk until we turn right. We continue down a little side street to the main road. To our left is the library, and guess who wants to go in? Haha not me! But Adam does....

"You know, we don't have to see everything," I complain.

"Well I want to check out the library," he retorts.

"Oh God. I haven't been in here since I was like six."

"Oh stop complaining! It's not that bad," he reasons.

"Well, as long as we're out of the heat."

We take a look around. I've really forgotten how it looked in here: books piled high to the ceilings, the computers in the children's section, everything. I never paid much attention to the rest of the library because whenever I was in here, I was always at the computers playing games. Either that or looking in the children's section for a book. Or looking at the fish tank. But that was it. I really have avoided this place ever since I was little.

Since then, the library has been renovated. Instead of the computers being in the kid's section, they're to the left of the door where the front desk used to be. Now the front desk is straight ahead when you walk in. Instead of the children's section being in the left corner, it's in the far right. The movies take the place where it used to be. There is even a small quiet place for studying in the far left corner. That never existed before. Another single study room is just to the right.

We stay and look around for awhile, browsing the teenage section. Every once in a while we point out books we've read. Then Adam finds a book we both recognize.

"Hey! This is the book I checked out when you wanted us to read it!" He says.

"Wait, you came to the library and checked this out?"

"Yeah! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed My Boyfriend's Dogs. It was easier to read it dramatically since we both had a copy."

"Adam!" I slap his arm. "You've already been here before! Let's go!"

"But-"

"No! Come on!"

We walk through the small park at the end of the street. I explain to Adam that they always decorate it for the biggest holidays, especially Christmas. It's also a great spot to watch the parades pass by.

At the stoplight, we take a right. We wait for the walk signal before we run across. Here is where all the little shops are.

The first shop is the Clothes Minded Boutique. You can guess what we found in there.