eight

I haven't seen Rhian for two days, I dont know why but she doesn't show up to my room and I dont see her at the garden or she doesn't surprise me like she usually does. Siguro busy lang siya. Which is weird, considering she's dead..

I can still remember the touch of her lips at my skin.. I touched my cheek and unconsciously a smile was formed by my lips..

Today is Saturday, and later tonight is the party at Coco's house.

When I ask permission to dad and mom, it was nerve wracking because of the continuous questions they are asking.

"Dad, mom.. Aalis po ako mamaya, ininvite po ako ng mga friends ko sa bahay nila.."

"Sinong friend yan?" Daddy asked as he turns his newspaper

"Coco po.. Don't worry dad.. Mga student council sila, kaya good influence sila."

"Ahh.. Saan naman yan?"

"Sa may Cedar street daw po.."

"Daw? So hindi ka pa sigurado kung saan?"

What?

"Eh kasi yun yung sinabi sakin.. Tsaka please I can handle myself.. Akala ko ba-"

"Okay okay.. Just dont come home so late, and no drinking.."

"Yes I will.. Thanks" lumabas na ako sa kwarto nika at bumalik ng kwarto ko.

I look at the window, looking at the green scenery. I decided to go to the garden to get fresh air and maybe Rhian's there..

I push through the door and walk down the path. I step into the garden, taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of it with the sunset shining on it. The leaves and flowers sway easily in the breeze. A yellow butterfly lands on the petals of the flower a few feet away from where I am standing..

I hear rustling and look at the bench. Perfect eyes that match this perfect place locks with mine and Rhian smiles at me from afar..

"I did not surprise you, I guess.." She greets me, tapping her palm beside her, telling me to sit with her.

"Yeah" I say

Lumapit ako sa kanya at tinabihan siya.

"So.. Where have you been?" I ask looking at her beautiful face.

"Pumunta ako kila mommy"

"Kamusta?"

"They're doing great.. And I'm happy that they're happy."

"And what are you doing here?" I ask again

"Watching the leaves sway? Watching the world. Katulad ng sabi ko.. I'm observing."

I brush my hair to my ears and hold my hands together at my lap.

"Pinayagan na ko nila dad pumunta kina Coco.."

"Really? That sounds fun!" Her excitement mirrors the expression on her face.

"Gusto mo sumama?" Why do I always ask stupid questions..

"Gusto ko pero.."

"Pero?"

"Baka mainggit lang ako sainyo.."

"Saan?"

"Na buhay kayo? I dont know.. Hahaha. Nevermind. I'll just stay here and wait for you to come back.."

Her words giving me the greatest feeling ever.. Hindi ko alam kung anong feeling pero ang sarap lang pakinggan na may maghihintay sayo..

"Okay.." A sly smile slids across my face