I Will Bring You Back

Damon's POV

How did this happen? Who would kill him? My heart was throbbing with an intense amount of pain. How can I go on without him? He was my soul, my reason for living. What right do I have to live without him?

How was my mother so strong? When her soul mate left her, how was she able to just go on? She raised me the best she could after he left. I guess the answer is simple isn't it? she had me. I was a piece of their soul. But what do I have?

We never even got to talk more than once. In that short period of time I fell in deep love with that angel. The way he'd get flustered when we touched. How he gripped my hand and never seemed to want to let go. He was perfect, and made just for me.

Suddenly, I became livid with anger. Who killed him? Who had the audacity to hurt the one I love. Screw my vow to never use my magic for evil. When I made that vow I believed that I'd never have a reason to use them, but this is more important. Right here, right now, I make a new vow; kill whoever dare to hurt my angel.

When my ears start focusing on the world around me, I realize Oliver is trying to shake me back to reality. "Damon, please get up. What has you so freaked out?" Well, my heart and soul is lying dead in front of my eyes. But instead of saying that, "That's him Oliver, that's my soul mate." I witness Oliver's face take on a ghostly pallor. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry Damon." I scoff, sorry isn't going to bring him back now is it? Mom was right, wasn't she? I decide to voice my thoughts, "I guess my mom was right, witches never get a happy ending." I guess Oliver hears the bitterness in my voice, he crouches down and hugs me.

Then he says something that makes all the sadness leave my body, being replaced with only blinding anger. "Hey, don't think like that, you'll find someone else." I roughly shoved him off of me. "How dare you! There is no one else! He can't be replaced, don't you get that?! He's my soulmate. The one person who's supposed to bring me happiness in my life. How could I replace him?" My anger quickly spreads to the ground. I can feel it shaking like an earthquake is about to erupt, but I don't care, my anger is too blinding.

I feel Oliver's hands land on my shoulder, "Whoa, calm down man. If you cause an earthquake, people are going to start noticing. I'm sorry, OK? Not a witch, remember? I don't understand the whole 'one person for life thing.' I mean have you seen the amount of men and women who leave my house on a daily basis?" That calms me down enough to stop the earthquake.

Then I hear something that makes my heart flutter, a chuckle. It sounds so heavenly, but what sounds even better is the voice after it. "He defiantly seems the type, doesn't he?" When I see who made the owner of the voice a lump gets formed in my throat. How is this possible? My soul mate is a ghost, how? It is very rare for a human to become a ghost. So how did he do it?

Relief and hope fill my body; maybe since he is here on earth I can find a spell to bring him back. There are no words to describe how I feel in this moment.

He seems shocked that I could see him, "You can see me, can't you?" With a smile on my face, I walk over to him. As I get closer he gets more flustered, how cute. When I get close enough, he takes a step back. Oh, no you don't I'm never letting you far from me again. I grab his arm and bring his icy body closer to mine.

As a witch I have certain powers, thankfully this is one of them. I never thought it was any good except for being able to be knocked off my feet by an entity that no one can see but me. Most of the ghosts I have ran across, have been here for too long and became evil spirits. If a spirit has been on earth for more than a century on their own, they become insane and leave their souls behind; becoming nothing but a vengeful spirit. I won't let Alexander get that way, I'll bring him back if it kills me.