PUFF CAME THE CITY

The man kept watering the plant everyday. Without fail. Every morning at a particualar time. It was as if it was his duty. Like he was fulfilling a responsibility.

For a decade, nothing changed. The plant died off eventually. But the man never stopped. He kept watering the dead decays of the plant. And then the empty ground when nothing remained of the plant.

Everybody had since forgotten the incident and the man. Life went on as normal. War was now a lifestyle. There was no way to avoid it. No peace.

And then one day, suddenly, the earth shook. For a whole day, the shaking did not stop. All religious scholars declared it as the apocalypse. "It is the punishment of the immense wastage of sacred blood" they said. Everyone was so busy saving themselves; that they did not see the huge crack in the ground where the man had planted his dead plant. No one notices a bud arise. No one noticed the bud grow into the huge size it was when atkast the shaking stopped. It was a rose bud. The size though was similar to that of a baby elephants head.

Everyone except the man where confused jow the bud became that large. Everyone was asking the man, a few rose lovers fainted on seeing it. The man was quiet, he was waiting for everyone to leave, but they were asking him questions. Atlast everyone got angry and left, claiming that the man was too full of himself and doesn't want people to make flowers as large as his. But the man didn't care. It was after all the nature of man to curse the one that did not go his way.

After everyone left, a heavenly glow came from the plant. A voice soon followed. The voice sounded like it was a female. It said to the man, "Sweet child, the God has long been frustrated with this world. He gave them blood, abd they are flowing it. He gave them souls, and they are finishing it. He gave them nature, beauty, and they are destroying it. He gave them lives, and they are wasting it. Your kindness to this dying plant has stood out as a bright light in this dark world. I am the soul of this plant. You gave me love in the time when I most needed it. We, the whole land, are very pleased with your actions. So we have decided to gift you woth the 'flower of wisdom'. You can ask for anything you want. No matter how large. When the bud blooms, your wish will come true. But remember, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. So choose wisely." And the glow faded away.

The man took no time to think. He was fed up of the wars. He feared that harmony will soon get extinct. He wanted a peaceful place on earth, so he wished for that. He wished for a place where no one should fight, everyone live with harmony in their hearts, where everyone must be happy in others happiness and sad in others sadness, where no one should impose negativity on themselves or others. He wanted a land where every gift of God would be greatly appreciated and valued. Most importantly, the gift of life.

Two days later, the bud opened. It was a beautiful large golden rose. A petal the size of an adult elephant's ear. There was no stem; indeed no stem could be capable to hold a dlower that large. The wish of the man was granted and the deserted land turned into a beautiful city. It was the gift of the whole land. The spirits of the trees that used to live there. The citizens were present beforehand. It was later known that those were the pure souls that never even got the chance to breath. The ones that were killed before ever being born. Indeed humanity had come to an end. The man named the city "Roseville." As it was made on by the spirit of a rose. It wax a rose that gave birth to the whole city. Gave those lost souls a new chance to live.

The rose along with the city disappeared overnight. Hidden by a veil of the nature. So no outsider could corrupt it's purity.

The man then observed the city. He lived his whole life in the place he always wished for. In the state of peace. He wrote a book. In which he wrote everything he observed about the city. He also many a times spoke with the soul of the rose plant who completed his wish. Often concerning the rules abd conditions of the city. And wrote all of it down, so one day when he would no longer be present, the ingabitants of the city should have the knowledge about it.

After living for 17 years, the man took his last breath under the rose that changed his life, surrounded by the people who gave him happiness. The book was since then kept in the same place under the rose for easy access to anyone who wanted more knowledge of the city.