Chapter Two

"Do you know what's up with him Lord Death?" Liz asked frantically. Death just looked at his son in worry. Did he NOT listen to Stein about keeping yourself on guard?

"Look, Death, your son did keep an eye out, and did tell Liz and Patty they would have to be in their weapon form more often than usual. Did you not see that?" Spirit reminded Death. Death sighed, and nodded. "You're right Spirit... But this is my son you're talking about; he normally can withstand a cut like this. How would you feel if this was Maka?" Spirit's eyes widened a bit and to begin to hyperventilate. Death just shook his head in disappointment.

"If you're saying he could withstand a cut like that, then that's no ordinary cut." Someone said in the shadows of the Death Room.

"Then what is it Professor Stein?!?" Liz and Patty asked with shock and worry. Professor Stein walked out of hiding and came into view.

"If I am correct, the cut is a tiny bit wider than any ordinary run-of-the-mill knife. The blade had to have been a tiny bit thicker to hold something..." Everyone held their breaths; even Professor Stein. "Like poison... Or any other liquid that's dangerous to the body or brain." Kid's twin pistols eye's widened, same as Kid's father's skull (seemed to) too.

Thrashing was heard where Kid was laying, and he fluttered his eyes opened to see where he was at. His eyes widened as he then figured out where he was at, and jumped into the air and began to run.

"Kid!" Everyone yelled; but Kid just continued running. Kid didn't know why he was running; his legs didn't corporate with his brain and continued running. It didn't take long to get to the front, and that's where he stopped running. Kid took a large gasp of air in, and breathed it right out, and fell to his knees again. Soon everyone came running out seeing Kid on his knees.
Kid looked down to the ground and placed his hands on his knees asymmetrically. Liz gasped and walked up to her Mesiter and tapped on both of his shoulders.

"Um... Kid, you know you're placing your palms on your knees asymmetrical?" Liz informed with a slight nervous laugh. Kid didn't respond automatically, instead; he stood up and shook his head and said three words with venom in his voice, "I don't care..." That got everyone's attention.

"Are you okay Kid?" Professor Stein asked with concern. Kid nodded and began walking down the large stairs, but got a hand on his left shoulder and he looked over seeing that it was his father. His skull looked worried and a little scared for his son. He always cared about his symmetry. Kid scoffed and tried to get his father's large white hand off his shoulder, but Death's hand grip only grew harder until it hurt Kid's shoulder.

"Let go of ME!" Kid yelled. Death only shook his head in disappointment. Kid looked into his father's eyes with his golden, and kicked back into his father's stomach area and ran.

"KID!!" everyone screamed.

Maka and Soul sat across each other in Maka's apartment, not saying anything to each other. Maka looked over to the kitchen, thinking of cooking dinner that night. She yawned, forgetting she hadn't got sleep in for a bit. But Maka got up and forced her to walk to the kitchen and Soul just sat at his spot, nothing else really to do.

"What do you want for dinner tonight, Soul? *Yawn* I'm up for anything," Maka asked with droopy eyes. Soul looked over, contemplating what they could have for dinner.

"You okay? I could make di- actually no... You can make dinner; I don't even trust myself; burritos sound good tonight; could we have them?" Soul responded. Maka rummaged through the cupboards, fridge, only pulling out only the tortilla shells. Maka shook her head, yawned, and turned around. "I have to go to the shop for the rest of the supplies; mind waiting?" Soul nodded and relaxed in his seat, his eyes drooping, and fell asleep. Maka only glanced over with tired eyes, and walked out of her apartment carrying a list full of supplies that she needs.

Maka carried the bags of food in both her hands and walked home. She glanced at over somethings; but something unique caught her eye. She placed the bags down on the right part of her. Maka squinted her eyes, and noticed who it was. "Kid?" Kid didn't look or respond back, nor did he move.

"K-Kid, are you okay? Do you need help? Why aren't you responding?" Maka continuously asked. Kid got up, but his back still facing Maka. His head twitched a tiny bit and chuckled, slowly turning to a creepy laugh. Maka backed up, and texted Soul quickly.

'Soul, get here immediately!'

"K-Kid... Please, respond... You're getting me concerned; just reply to me!" Maka begged. Kid turned his head over a slight bit, only drawn with a menacing grin. His eyes were tinted a light red with his golden eyes, making them a blood gold.

"K-Kid.. W-what happened to you..?" Maka asked with a tiny bit of tears in her eyes.

"Maka..." Kid started. "Maka; you need to get out of here! Get out of here while you still have the chance; now go!"

Maka backed up, hurt, and nodded, doing as she was told. She dashed away, soon catching Soul on his motorbike.

"Maka wake up!" Soul yelled into his Meister's face. "Dude wake up; this isn't cool! Wake up darn it!" Maka's eyes shot open, having her yell Kid.

"Dude are you alright? You were muttering things like Kid what happened to you? Why were you? Is there something concerning with Kid?" Soul pondered staring Maka into the eyes. Maka just sat there, drenched with sweat, blank with nothing to say. The only words that exited her mouth were: "K-Kid, he's changed; and not in the good way..."