Chapter One

"For today's little chat, we have uncovered that there are new threats other than witches," Professor Stein stated to his EAT class. The whole class gasped, and some leaned forward. "Yes, there are now sorcerers. The first one was created one century ago by a very powerful witch, but was held in custody. No one knows who held the sorcerer, but the only thing we know is that the sorcerer has escaped and grew hateful, and thirsty for power. The power and ability of this sorcerer is unknown, but the only thing the DWMA knows is that the sorcerer is a very strong creature and won't be taken down simply. I advise you all to watch your backs very carefully because He looms in the alleys and streets. Class dismissed." Every EAT student were whispering and chatting about the news they have received. Everyone was concerned, all except Black*Star; as always.

"Ha hah ha! That sorcerer is no match for the mighty Black*Star!" the boaster yelled. The rest of the gang finally came out and saw Black*Star's large smile and rolled their eyes. But Kid was the last one to walk out, and with hands in his pockets and a slight smirk on his face.

"What's with that slight smirkky?" Patty asked with joy in her voice. Liz looked over and saw the smirk and walked over concerned. Then the whole group saw the smirk and crowded. Kid looked up and saw that everyone was hovering over him; except Tsubaki. Kid then frowned and backed up and replied, "Nothing really. Now come along Liz and Patty; remember what Stein said: we need to watch our backs and I need you both, remember?" Both Liz and Patty glanced at each other and nodded. "Right,"

As Kid began to walk away with his weapons, Maka and Soul caught up to them and walked beside the three.

"You guys okay with being out alone on the alleys and streets now with the new source of darkness haunting our City?" Maka asked with a tint of worry in her tone. Kid looked Maka in the eye and nodded. The five continued walking until they met the front. Maka waved while Soul waved a slight bit, and turned around and strolled off without a care in the world. Kid glanced in their direction, but then immediately walked down the ginormous stairs.

"So do we need to stay in our pistol forms more often?" Liz asked.

"Maybe; but I would just in case. I would rather be safe than sorry." Kid responded still looking forward.

The three continued walking forward until they got to some sort narrow street with a shop to the left of the group. There were soon whispers and taps on the brick street. Kid stopped, and held his hands out wide catching Liz and Patty in his hands. He got into shooting range, carefully skimming the street.

"Who's there?" Kid asked cautiously in the dark street. The whispers stopped, but the tapping continued and grew louder and clearer until a figure appeared. "Explain yourself!" Dark chuckling started soft all around Kid, but slowly grew louder and louder until he had to cover his ears.

"Are you okay, what's going on Kid??!" Liz asked yelling. Kid closed his eyes in pain, but soon felt a sharp pain across his right cheek. He yelped out in pain, but continued to stand and looked up, seeing a man with a black cloak on him. His eyes widened as he managed to get the twin pistols into shooting range and pulled the trigger, but the man vanished and the chuckling stopped. Kid fell to his knees; his eyes wide open with his eyes in shock. Liz and Patty shifted back to their human form and frantically tried to snap him out of his day dream.

"Kid..." Kid gave no response.

"Kid..." Still Kid gave no response.

"Kid snap out of it!" That's when Kid's head shot up, his head shooting back and forth to know where he's at.

"Who? What? What's going on?!" Kid asked in panic. He spazzed a tiny bit and seemed confused on where he was at. Liz and Patty held him down as he looked the two in the eye, not knowing them for a moment. His eyes were filled with shock and were wide open.

"Kid, calm down.. It's us, Liz and Patty Thomson... You know your twin pistols to make sure you stay symmetrical?" Liz comforted their Meister.

"What's up with you Kid?" Patty asked dumbfounded. Kid calmed down, his eyes drooping, and fell asleep. Liz and Patty sighed, and picked up their symmetrical lover Meister and carried him to the DWMA.