23

~Tao~

Chanyeol wanted him admitted to the hospital. He'd rushed him right to the emergency room. Not taking any crap from anybody, just rushing past people and nearly getting slapped by a nurse that had had enough of all that went on.

Tao didn't even sort of understand what was going on, he did in a sense, understand that he was in a hospital filled with sick, injured, pregnant people, but he didn't quite get why Chanyeol was freaking out so much, it wasn't like that was going to get Tao to a doctor faster. And wasn't Tao just an expendable resource to Chanyeol and their boss? All Tao ever did was insult him and try to get him to shut up.

Chanyeol eventually found someone specific to complain to, a women behind a desk, the desk clearly marked 'Check In', Tao was surprised he hadn't found it before.

Chanyeol had slammed his hands to the counter, getting her attention, and also making her damn near jump out of her chair. "He needs a room, like, now!" Chanyeol had yelled. It was something like 3 in the morning, he'd woken the sleepy hospital out of it's daze, that was for sure.

"Is this an emergency?" The nurse behind the counter asked.

"What? No, okay, I'm just here for a band-aid." Chanyeol said, his voice dripping sarcasm. "YES, dammit, it's an emergency!"

"What is the emergency?" The nurse said, exasperated, annoyed, probably wanting to strangle Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol seemed to feel the same. He grabbed Tao's arm, pulling him uncomfortably closer. "He's coughing up blood."

Tao pushed Chanyeol away. It wasn't that bad was it? It was just that once, he tried to tell himself maybe he just bit his tongue by accident, but that was stupid, and he knew he didn't do that.

"So, it's internal bleeding?" The nurse asked.

"It's not that bad, it was only for a second, I'm sure I'm fine." Tao said, giving Chanyeol a glare. He didn't want to be here. He'd promised Min-hee, and though he supposed a text was enough, he'd rather say it in person that he was alright and that he was sorry.

The nurse smiled. "I'm sure, but we have to check, just in case."

Tao groaned, looking up at the ceiling. He wanted out of here as soon as possible, just to make sure Min-hee was alright. She hadn't been at his house, and neither had Baekhyun, he wondered where she had gone, what she must be thinking about,

That little cute dork.

Chanyeol poked him. "Why'd you say that, panda?"

Tao shrugged, at first thinking that he was talking about what he'd thought in his head, but then coming back to reality. "Because it's true."

"But it's not! This is serious, don't you know what internal bleeding is? Imagine what could be bleeding for a second, this is an emergency!" Chanyeol took Tao by the shoulders and shook him. "What if you die?"

Tao raised an eyebrow. "Don't you think I'd know if it was that bad?" Maybe he didn't, maybe this was bad. Tao didn't know about this type of thing, he'd gotten in a lot of fights, though when he was little, it was never about money, it was always about helping someone else. But back then, he'd never really gotten seriously hurt, just a black eye, or a bloody lip. No one had really beaten him that bad until recently.

Chanyeol may have a point...

"The doctor can see you now." the nurse said, dragging Tao out of his thoughts.

Chanyeol practically pushed him to follow the nurse off behind the counter, though the nurse insisted that Chanyeol couldn't come with, Chanyeol was obviously having none of it, outright ignoring her.