Chapter 32

Then I feel my head being lifted up and I come face-to-face with Gabby's all too familar face.  Her mouth curves upward into a smile, and her brown eyes sparkle.

"Nialler, I forgive you."

GABBY'S POV

I'm not sure why I forgave Niall, and I may never know, but as soon as I did, I knew I had made the right decision.  His blue eyes lit up and he engulfed me in a famous "Horan Hug."  I heard him mumble into my hair, "I'm never losing her again.  I won't make the same mistake twice."  "As much as I hate to interrupt," Harry says with a cheeky smile.  "Would someone mind telling me what's going to happen now?  Like, with the baby and everything?"  "I actually have an appointment tomorrow then-"  "CAN I COME WITH?" Niall shouts as he cuts me off.  "Sure Nialler, sure," I say with a chuckle.  "Thank you Lilly-Flower," he says.  "Then I have to finish unpacking and find a job," I finish.  "Well, as interesting as this has been, I'm going to go hang out with my friends, so peace!" Maya says and walks out of the room.  

NIALL'S POV

Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry leave after Maya saying that they want to spend time with their girlfriends.  That leaves just Gabby and I to catch up.  "So, what do you want to do?" I ask.  "You want to watch Mr. Deeds?" she says with a smirk.  "YOU REMEMBER!!" I scream and wrap my arms around her and a giant bear hug.  Mr. Deeds was our movie.  We never watched it without each other.  "I'll make the snacks," I say.  "The movie should be on Netflix."  I walk to the kitchen and start to make the outrageous snack that we created when we were 5th grade.(A/N: I don't know anything about British/Irish grades, so we're going to stay American, kay?  AMERICAN PRIDE!!!)  I grab the biggest bowl we have and dump a whole jar of Skippy, 3 bags of Reese's Pieces, 3 bags of M&M's, and 2 Special Dark Hershey bars.  I mix it up and taste a bite.  Delicious.  I grab the bowl and a jar of pretzels to dip and walk back to the living room.  Gabby is laying on the couch taking up all the room.  And that's the only couch.  So I do what anyone else would do.  I sat on her legs.  "Nialler!" she whines as the movie starts.  "Yes?" I say with an innocent smirk on my face.  "Get off!"  "No, you have no good excuse and you are very comfy," I say.  "I do have a good excuse," she says with an annoyed expression.  "I'm freaking pregnant you idiot," she says and motions to her stomach.  "Oh, yeah," I say and get off to sit on the floor.  "C'mon up here, Leprechaun," Gabby says as she sits up and pats the spot behind her.  I sit next to her and set the bowl of peanut butter mix on her lap and the pretzels on mine.  The credits roll and Gabby screams "BE QUIET!!" even though no one is talking.  The movie progresses, but I find myself watching Gabby more than the hilarious Adam Sandler.  She was just so beautiful.  Even if she's wearing jeans and a baggy sweater, she's still the only one I see.  

Wait, what?  

When did I start liking my best friend?  This is not good.  Well, not good if she dosen't feel the same way, very good if she does.  And anyway, why would she want to date me?  She literally JUST forgave me for leaving her by herself for, like, 2 years.  "Nialler?  Niall?"  Gabby's hand waves across my face.  "Oh, sorry," I say snapping out of it.  "The movie ended and I've been trying to get    your attention for the past 10 minutes.  What's on your mind?" Gabby asks me.  "Nothing, it's nothing," I tell her.  "Niall, I have been your best friend for, like, ever.  I know when you are lying.  What's on your mind?"  I decide to go the truthful route.  "You," I state simply.  She seems taken aback for a moment.  "What about me?" she smirks.  "Everything," I smile at her.  "Funny Niall, real funny," she says sarcastically.  "I bet you you're thinking about the next tour or concert."  "How is that funny?  And I actually am thinking about you.  Everything about you, to be precise," I say with a cheesy wink.  "Whatever floats your boat Nialler," she says rolling her eyes.  "Goddammit!  Why can't you see that you are perfect!  You are funny, compassionate, caring, generous, lovable, and most definitely the most beautiful girl out there," I say to her.  She stares at me with an open mouth then bursts into tears.  "Shh, love.  Don't cry.  It's OK, shh," I say to her soothingly and envelope her into a huge hug.  Her tears soak through my t-shirt, but right now, that is the last thing on my mind.  "Hey Lilly-Flower, look at me," I say and lift her chin so I can look her in the eye.  "Pretty girls don't cry."  "Sorry Ni, it's just that, no one has ever said anything like that to me.  Ever," she says wiping at her eyes.  "My parents last words to me were: I hope you have a f***ed up life you dirty, little s***," she tells me.  "And Derek never loved me or called me beautiful, just used me.  Like I was a toy or something," she says shuddering.  I stand up suddenly.  "Where are you going?" Gabby asks me.  "To Skype someone," I reply and walk out.