Me, Mommy and Us

Some few days after their wedding, relatives who flew in for the occasion started leaving to go back home… this included his parents. The following weeks became the settling in part of their married life. They spent their second honeymoon in Palawan – 5 days of relaxation in a beautiful island. Of course they did whatever newlyweds do on a honeymoon. But for most part, they just enjoyed the peace and quiet of being with each other.

When they got back to Manila, he resumed his life as a doctor while she stayed home and waited for the call of her previous employer. And while waiting, she played the perfect wife to him: took care of his needs; constantly checked up on him; cooked his food; ate meals with him; made sure he was well-rested – in other words, she treated him like a baby. He took advantage of this time with her because he knows she won’t be able to do all these once she goes back to work.

“Mommy, sabi nila sa hospital I look like I gained weight,” he said one night while they were getting ready to go to bed.

“What did you say?”

“Sabi ko ang galing kasi mag-alaga ng mommy ko.”

“S’yempre naman. Ang dami kong kailangang bawiin sa ‘yo eh.”     

“Hay naku, ayan ka na naman. Will you please stop it with that. Wala kang dapat bawiin. Okay?”

“Okay,” she softly said.

“Mommy?”

“Hmmm?”

“Napapansin ko lang these past few days, gan’yan ang sinusuot mo tuwing matutulog. Gusto mo ba talaga ma-rape every night?” he naughtily asked.

Sarah, who was wearing a tank top and panties, swiftly replied, “Eh kasi Babe naiinitan talaga ako eh. Kahit may aircon naiinitan talaga ako.”

“Asus! Sabihin mo nag-iinit ka lang kasi ako ang katabi mo matulog,” her husband teased.

“Well… totoo rin naman ‘yan. Kaya kahit ma-rape mo ako gabi-gabi ay okay lang,” she teased back.

“Aba, talagang hinahamon mo ako ha.” He scooped her up in his arms, ran towards the bed and slowly laid her down. Before he can even move an inch, she pulled her to him and kissed him. This was all it took for them to get lost in their own paradise.

“Yes Mommy?” Gerald said when he answered her call.

“Babe, tinawagan na ako ni Ma’am Gina. They want me to report to work on Monday,” she excitedly told him.

“Wow! That’s great. So, do you wanna celebrate tonight?”

“Sige. I’ll go there before your clinic ends tapos let’s eat dinner somewhere.”

“Okay. Magpahatid ka na lang kay Manong Jun ha.”