Plain and Simple

Sarah rested her chin on Gerald's bare chest after they made love. She looked at her husband's beautiful face, as he slept, as if trying to memorize every detail of it. She now saw peacefulness in him, unlike how she first saw him through the web cam. She then lightly traced his jaw line with her pointer finger. This woke him up.

"Hi Babe," he sleepily said.

"Sorry if I woke you up," she replied. "Sige tulog ka ulit. I'm just staring at you."

"Paano pa ako makakatulog n'yan ngayong alam ko na tinitignan mo ako. Why, what's up?"

"Aside from you," she said referring to bulge she feels under the blanket, "wala naman."

"Ikaw ha, napunta ka lang dito sa Australia naging bolder ka na. Are there other things I don't know about you?"

"Ayaw mo?"

"Gusto! Gustung-gusto! I loved how you took charge. Hindi na yata baby 'yung baby ko eh," he teased.

"Sira! Ako pa rin ang baby mo. Ako pa rin nga ba?"

"Nandito ba ako ngayon kung hindi," he lovingly said as he pressed her more to him.

"I love you Babe."

"I love you my baby."

"Babe, ga'no katagala ka dito?"

"I'm on leave for 2 months."

"Really?!"

"Yup! I will be here to take care of you for 2 whole months. Habang nag-aaral ka... O shoot! Don't you have classes today?" he worriedly asked.

"Relax Babe. I don't have a class today and tomorrow. And since today is a Thursday, we have a long weekend ahead of us. So what do you wanna do first my dear husband?"

"First, I just wanna stay here inside your apartment so I can be a plain husband and you can be a plain wife."

"That sounds like a great idea. And for starters, let me make our lunch," she said as she pulled herself up to stand. She grabbed her robe, put it on and went straight to her tiny kitchen.

He stood up as well and put on his underwear. He sat on the stool at the small breakfast nook and watched as she cooked.

"Seriously Babe, you're gonna eat lunch with just that underwear on?"

"Bakit naman hindi? It's just us."

"Mapapagalitan tayo ng mga matatanda. That's bad manners."

"But this is our house. Ah well... this is your apartment kaya walang matatanda. Can't we just be a bad boy and girl today? Kahit today lang." he whined.

She went to him and kissed his head. "I like that... bad boy and bad girl," she said as if flirting with him.

He grabbed her by the waist before she could walk away. He pulled her by the robe so that he could reach her face and then gave her a lingering kiss. "So what's for lunch?" he asked when he was finally able to pull away. "Pwede bang ikaw na lang?"

"Sira! Is it okay if we just have bread, bacon and juice? Just something that's quickie to cook."

"Mmmm... quickie," he said while raising an eyebrow.

"You can have me for dessert though," she teased then walked to the stove to get their food.

"Lumalaban ka na talaga ngayon Babe ha. I love it!" he said.

She placed the plate of bacon beside the bread on the counter top then got a carton of orange juice from the fridge. As she was about to take a seat, Gerald grabbed her and lifted her up to sit on the counter, right in front of him. And this was how they ate - he in between her legs while they feed each other bread and bacon and sharing a conversation.