For Keeps

Author's Note: I hope this is worth the wait :)

***************

After the kiss, they just stood there with foreheads still touching and arms wrapped around each other.

“Babe, 24/7 ka rin bang on call sa akin?” he teased.

This earned him a pinch on side from Sarah. “Ang dami mo talagang nalalaman. Halika na nga. Nakakahiya naman ang ginagawa natin dito.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him to walk.

He didn’t walk but pulled her back to him. “Nahihiya ka?”

“Eh kasi naman we’re lovey-dovey in the middle of the street in Intramuros.”

He smiled, placed an arm around her shoulders and pulled her to him and started walking. “I like that… lovey-dovey.”

She wrapped her arm around and his waist and began walking as well. “Hmm, may naiisip ka na naman ‘no?”

“Wala. Uhm… Babe?”

“Hmmm?”

“Eh ‘yung lovey-dovey pwedeng 24/7 on call din?”

Sarah pinched him again.

“Aaw Babe, ang sakit!” he squirmed in pain.

“Ay sorry! Napalakas ba? Ikaw kasi ang pilyo mo eh,” she said apologetically as she kneads the part she pinched.

“I’m okay now Babe. Do you have to be home already?” he asked.

“Ano ako high school!? Wala akong curfew noh!” she jokingly replied.

“Ha… ha… ha! So okay lang if we spend the whole night together?”

“Sinabi ko lang wala akong curfew. Wala akong sinabi na pwede na akong hindi umuwi.”

“Iuuwi naman kita eh pero umaga na,” he said then tightly held her hand which was still on his waist to avoid the deadly pinch.

“Sira ka talaga! Bakit ano pa ba ang balak mong gawin tonight?”

He looked at her with a mischievous grin then his eyebrows started going up and down.

“Pilyo ka talaga!”

“Bakit wala naman akong sinasabi ah. No, I just want to spend more time with you. I wanna start making up for those 2 months. Ang tagal n’un ha!”

“Ikaw kasi eh. Sino ba naman ang nagsabing lumayo ka.  The last time we talked we agreed to be friends naman.”

“I just thought… you and Sam… I can’t...”

“I thought-I thought ka d’yan kaya ‘yan ang napala mo. Di bale Babe pwede naman bumawi eh. Teka nga, parang kanina pa tayo lakad ng lakad pero hindi pa rin tayo nakakarating sa kotse mo.”

“Actually Babe, I think we’re lost. I can’t seem to remember where we parked. Ikaw kasi distracting eh!” he said.

“Bakit ako naging distracting?

“My attention was all on you the minute we stepped out of the car.”

“Hmmm… talaga?”

“Oo Babe, promise. Kaya masanay ka na.”

She smiled trying to hide the giddy feeling inside. “Teka nga, hanapin muna natin ‘yang kotse mo.”

Their first adventure as a couple was spent getting lost inside the walls of Intramuros. They tried retracing their steps and remembering the buildings they passed. Twenty minutes later they were able to find his car. But neither of them really noticed how long it took them to get to their destination because they were enjoying each other’s company – talking, laughing, joking around and being lovey-dovey.