Chapter 8

It had been a stressful week for the three of them as they waited for news on Ichigo's father and sister. Grimmjow had told his photographer he wanted to work overtime for some extra money and he'd been saving up to help pay the debt to the drug dealer if needed. Today was one of those days, where he worked overtime, but Ichigo was also working. He wasn't going to leave Yuzu alone in the apartment, so he took her to work with him. 

They had become considerably closer in the past week. She would wake up in the middle of the night and try to crawl in with Ichigo, who would be in such a deep sleep, he wouldn't wake up. The first night that happened, Grimmjow had woken up to hearing her shaking Ichigo. He had taken her to the kitchen to have some tea and let her crawl in between him and Ichigo. 

Ever since then, if she couldn't wake up Ichigo within the first couple tries, then she would wake up Grimmjow and they would make tea and go back to bed. Sometimes, they would put on a kid's movie and he would let her snuggle into his side and they would fall asleep on the couch to be woken up by Ichigo in the morning. Every time, Ichigo would apologize, but Grimmjow would just dismiss it, saying it was fun to bond with his boyfriends little sister. 

The model walked through the building with the little girl at his side. It wasn't the first time he brought her here. He had brought her here two times before and she had fun both days. He had made sure that Harribel wasn't modeling lingerie before bringing Yuzu, and Harribel even let the little girl join in on a couple of her shots. Yuzu had also gotten along with Ulquiorra; she had made him a flower crown and even got a smile out of the emo king. 

Today, they walked through and saw that Harribel was there and just finishing up her shoot. Grimmjow walked over to Granz as Yuzu ran to Tier. He immediately got to work; they had dismissed covering his tattoo with makeup. Grimm felt it was time to stop hiding it - if people didn't like it, then fuck them. He liked it, and Ichigo liked it. That was all that mattered to him.

This time, he was modeling black skinny jeans with royal blue suspenders over his bare chest. He had been there for a few hours and when they were getting ready to stop, Aizen walked through the warehouse to check on everyone's progress. He said very little to the three models as he exchanged words with the photographers. However, when he had left, Tier ran over to Grimmjow with a worried look on her face. 

"Grimmjow! Something's wrong with Yuzu!" She exclaimed as she ran. Grimmjow jumped from his seat and took off towards where she had been posing funny poses with Yuzu. He found the little brunette hiding behind the chair as she trembled. 

He knelt down beneath her and grabbed her hands that were grasping at her hair. He picked her up and set her in his lap as he rocked her. He tried to hold her still as she tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"Shh, it's okay," he whispered to her, trying desperately to calm her down, "Yuzu, what happened? What's wrong?" She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear something that made him freeze to the spot.

Grimmjow called Ichigo and told him what had happened and they needed to meet at the police station as soon as he got off work. He had a cab take Yuzu and himself to the station and they ran in, looking for the sheriff, Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto. They reached the reception desk, and the person sitting there lead them to the sheriff's office. The sheriff was doing paperwork when the two walked in and grunted when he saw them. 

"What is it, Mr. Jaegerjaquez?" 

"We know who the dealer is," Grimm said with such certainty that it made Yamamoto freeze. 

"Well then...who is it?" He gruffly asked. Grimm was about to answer when the depute, Renji Abarai, let Ichigo in the office. Yuzu ran to her brother and wrapped her arms around his legs in a hug that was long needed.