Chapter Six

It had been a little over two weeks since the incident with Ichigo's sister and her friends, and everything seemed to be going just fine. Grimmjow and Ichigo had hung out more and hadn't been running into Gin. The only weird thing was Aizen's behavior. He had started trying harder to convince Ichigo to do something. Grimmjow didn't know what Aizen's wanted from his strawberry, but it was starting to piss him off. 

However, all that anger tends to go away whenever he's around the orange haired one. He had come to terms with it just a few days ago that he was falling for Ichigo. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not; he hadn't really fallen for anyone before. 

Sure, he had dated a few other guys, but he didn't love them. Most of the guys he dated didn't really want him for him anyways. They just liked him for his looks and the sex. People like the ones he dated are the reason he stopped trying to date. It was useless for him. That was until he met Ichigo. It may sound cliché, but he became immediately interested when the strawberry didn't show any signs of just using him. 

It was a change for the better and Grimmjow was happy with it. He still had yet to ask the berry to actually be his boyfriend, and he was going to do that now. 

He was on his way to the Kurosaki residence to surprise Ichigo. He wanted to take the red head to lunch at the bakery where his friend, Orihime, work. They had Ichigo's favorite pastry there, so Grimm wanted to get some for his berry as a little gift.

His taxi pulled up to the house Grimm had been spending more time at and he told the driver to wait for him to come back. Walking to the door, he noticed Ichigo's father's car was gone. That's weird. It's always here. He thought to himself. When he reached the door, he saw a sign taped up. Grimm froze as he read the sign. 

Apparently, Ichigo and his family had left to go visit his mother's grave. Grimmjow sighed as he came up with a new plan. Going back to the taxi he went to the bakery and grabbed the pastries from Orihime and headed to the town's cemetery. 

When he arrived, he almost immediately spotted the head of orange hair. He paid the driver and walked with the pastries to the bottom of the hill. Ichigo have been walking down behind the rest of his family. When the berry made eye contact with the model, his face lit up with a smile that made Grimmjow's stomach flip. 

"What are you doing here?" Ichigo asked as he approached Grimmjow. 

"Well I wanted to surprise you at your house, but I read the sign there, so I came here instead. I brought these for you too." He explained and handed over the pastries. 

"Grimm, you didn't need to do that..." Ichigo trailed off as he looked inside the box of pastries, "Oh my favorites..." 

"Yup. Jelly-filled. just like you told me." Grimm grinned as his berry chuckled and thanked him. He told his family to go home without him as he stayed with Grimmjow.

"So, Grimm, why did you want to surprise me?" he questioned as the walked away from the cemetery. Grimmjow's heart sped up a tiny bit as he thought of something to say. 

"Uhh, n-no reason r-really. I just w-wanted to see you." He stuttered out, the mumbled, "Yeah. That's all."

"Are you sure? There wasn't anything you wanted to tell me or ask me...?" He trailed off. Grimm's eyes went wide.

"Uh, yeah there was actually, b-but it can wait." He glance at the shorter one. Ichigo wasn't too much shorter than himself, but he was still shorter by a few inches.

"But, it doesn't nee to wait. Ask me whatever you wanted to ask," Ichigo calmly replied as he looked at the passing streets and alleyways as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.