Chapter Fourteen

---------Quinn

My head pounded and my wrists hurt. My eyes fluttered open, I was in a candle lit cave of some sort. I tried pulling my hands free but stained ropes restricted me from doing so. "I can't believe she hid you from me." A man came out of a dark corner and fear made me freeze.

"Alastair," I growled as my anger towards this man replaced my fear.

"Please, call me dad." He chuckled as I tried lunging at him but the ropes just cut into my skin deeper. "Careful, you might hurt your baby." I stopped immediately but held his gaze.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Titus stepped out then as he leaned against a pillar. It looked like we were in a mausoleum, a stone coffin in the middle of the room.

"You don't know? Ha! That's got to be the best thing ever. If you don't know that means my brother doesn't either." Titus smirked and I let out a growl, a real growl that you expect from an animal.

"You have to know," Alastair tilted his head to the side. "Getting sick, feeling light headed, craving weird things..." My face began to fall as I connected the pieces. There was no way, I would've known, mothers always know. My head snapped up at the realization, it made sense. "Plus, I cast a spell on you when you entered. You're perfectly healthy, and so is your almost one month old baby." My stomach flipped over and I couldn't stop myself from puking. "Oh, and the vomiting."

"I hope you both burn." I choked feeling my throat constrict. My tears clouded my mind, I couldn't think of a spell to get me loose. The one's I've learned were too weak to save me, Opal hasn't taught me them yet.

"Doubt that will happen," Titus snorted. "Once Lucius gets here, I'll have him and daddy dearest over there will have you. We win," Titus leaned his face close to mine to smile and I spit on his face. "Ew, you disgusting bitch!" Titus raised his hand to slap me across the face when I smelled my Lucian.

"You hurt her and I'll do worse things then kill you." Lucian's voice was low, deadly as Titus lowered his hand and turned to him.

"Good to see you again, brother." Titus gave a smug smile which made my anger grow, if it was possible. "How's the family?"

"Let her go," Lucian said as my father stepped into the shadows.

"Actually I think I'm going to let you destroy the one person you love." Titus let out a cackle.

"You traitor," My father roared. "You promised me my child."

"Big shocker, I lied." Titus ran up to him and snapped his neck, Alastair's body hitting the cement with a thud. "Now, let's see who kills who first. מפלצת בתוך אחד לחשוף את עצמך, להשתלט על הספינה שלך ולהוביל אותו (Monster within one reveal yourself, take possession of your vessel and lead him)." Lucian fell to the ground, clutching his head as Titus released me. "Have fun," Titus left, locking a metal bar gate behind him. Titus leaned against the wall on the other side as my knees hit the ground. I looked up and Lucian stood but he wasn't my Lucian. His emerald eyes had disappeared and he hissed at me.

"Lucian," I whispered as he stalked closer slowly. He looked the way he did in my dream. "Lucian, it's me, Quinn." I pleaded for him to wake up as I took steps back.

"Do you think I care?" He let out a deep chuckle so sinister it chilled me. "The ghoul was right, you smell good enough to eat." Lucian lunged at me and I ran around the coffin away from him. He was too fast for me, he grabbed my wrist and slammed me against the cement wall, his hand around my throat.

"Lucian, please," I choked as tears slipped down my cheeks. I placed both hands on his face, "It's me, it's Quinn. Please, Luc." His grip lessened as he shook his head.

"What?!? It's not possible!" Titus roared as the black faded from Lucian's eyes. He dropped his hand and I hit the ground, coughing.

"Quinn?" Lucian groaned as his knees hit the ground. "Fuck, Quinn, I'm sorry." He cupped my face and ran his thumb over my lips. Lucian looked at my neck and regret flashed in his eyes. "Quinn," he whispered as he healed the bruising on my neck. I looked up at him and a tear rolled down his face, my solder had fully broken and it was all Titus' fault. I pulled Lucian into a kiss and wiped the tear off his cheek.

"It wasn't your fault, Luc." I whispered as he picked me off the ground, hugging me to him.

"I can't believe I hurt you." He sighed and I gripped onto his shirt.

"You didn't, Titus did." He tried to pull away but I wouldn't let him. "It wasn't your fault, Luc." I stood on my toes and kissed his lips softly. "I love you, Luc." I smiled ready to start my life with him and our baby.

"I love you, Quinn." He smiled, Titus was gone, he no longer stood by the gate. Lucian tucked me under his arm and walked me outside.

"I have to tell you something," I bit my lip as we walked through the woods.

"What?" Before I could tell him about the baby he hunched forward, an arrow through his heart.

"Lucian!" I screamed as he dropped and I with him. I took out the arrow and placed his hand over his chest. "Heal yourself," I pleaded as I heard Titus chuckle.

"It doesn't work that way, sweetheart." I looked up at him and it was like I had no control of my body. My body trembled as the ground did.

"להפוך את לוקח הנשמה מרגיש את הכאב שהוא גרם (make the soul taker feel the pain he has caused)." My voice wasn't my own as Titus grabbed his head, falling to the ground in agony.

"Shit!" He screamed as he clawed at his head and chest. "Make it stop!" He growled as his body went up in flames.

"Sorry, it doesn't work like that." The flame vanished and his charred body hit the wet grass, Titus was dead. The ground stopped shaking, I didn't but not out of anger. A sob escaped my lips as I looked down at Lucian, he had no heart beat.

"Lucian!" I screamed, tears soaking my face. It felt like someone had ripped out my heart. "Lucian, open your eyes!" I cupped his face, brushing his hair off his forehead. "Luc, please!" My thumb shook as I ran it over his bottom lip. "Wake up!" There was nothing as I laid my forehead on his, sobbing. "Please, I need you to wake up." My voice gave as I choked on a sob. "I can't raise our child without you, please."