Chapter Three

---------Quinn

I walked through the halls, wondering around. A week had passed and I was finally not getting lost in this huge house. Mo and Lucas went into town to get me some clothes and Alfred gave me permission to look around. It was deathly quiet making feel uncomfortable so I started humming before I actually started singing when I walked into a room that had a piano and books in it. I ran my fingers overs the smooth keys, losing myself in the tune that captured my thoughts. "I look and stare so deep in your eyes,
I touch on you more and more every time,
When you leave I'm begging you not to go,
Call your name two or three times in a row,
Such a funny thing for me to try to explain,
How I'm feeling and my pride is the one to blame yeah.
'Cuz I know I don't understand,
Just how your love can do what no one else can.

Got me looking so crazy right now, your love's
Got me looking so crazy right now, your touch
Got me hoping you'll page me right now, your kiss
Got me hoping you'll save me right now
Looking so crazy in love's,
Got me looking, got me looking so crazy in love."

"Do you play?" I jumped in my skin as I whipped around to see Lucian leaning against the door frame, his hands in his front pockets. He made my skin hot and a tingly sensation exploded in my lower stomach. He wore dark jeans and a greyish, long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, it must be his thing. I'm half expecting him to have a leather jacket and a motorcycle.

"No," I breathed before clearing my throat. "No, my mom used to." My smile faded as memories of my mother came back. I looked down at the piano sucking in a sharp breath. "Do you play?" I asked praying to change the subject. I looked back up and I hadn't realized how close he had gotten. He was two heads taller than me and he was so close we were almost touching.

"I used to," he whispered looking me in the eye. "I'll play if you sing for me."

"Yea, no one wants to here me sing." I chuckled nervously, "I sound like a dying goose."

"I think it's lovely," he whispered tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His knuckles brushed against my cheek and fire exploded under my skin.

"My names Quinn," I blurted. "I don't think I told you, your siblings know."

"Quinn," he whispered as if memorizing my name. "Please sing for me." I nodded slowly as we sat at the piano. He started playing and it was beautiful, he was amazing. The melody reminded me of Stay with Me by Sam Smith and I took a deep breath before starting.

"Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control
And deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt
Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me." He stopped playing and he watched me as I bit my lip.

"I haven't heard you play in forever, Lucian." I looked away from his icy emerald eyes and Mo smiled sweetly, bags in both her hands.

"Here, let me help you." I said trying everything to get away from Lucian. He made me feel weird, a good weird.

"I don't need help, Quinn." She scoffed but I ignored her. "See ya, Lucian." We walked back towards my room and Mo elbowed me in the side lightly. "I knew you liked him."

"Shush," I whispered as we walked into my room, shutting the door. "Ugh," I slumped to the floor and Mo started giggling. "It's not funny, I thought I was going to explode." All laughter died at her lips.

"What?" She whispered sitting Indian Style across from me.

"It felt like my skin was on fire, like butterflies were going to come exploding out of me." I sighed clenching my eyes shut.