Chapter Seven

WARNING: Sexual Content
----------Quinn

I smoothed a hand down my white dress and looked at myself in the mirror. The top was lace, with sheer parts and the bottom was form fitting until it hit my feet, it flowed out into a train. My hair was slightly curled, a few pieces pulled back out of my face but it still flowed around me. My eyeshadow matched the sapphire stud earrings I was wearing. A pearl and diamond tiara lay across my head, my white heels gave me some height. There was a tap at my door and Morgana peaked her head in before fully walking in. She wore a light pink, wrap dress with floral print scattered randomly across it. Her eyeshadow and lipstick were light pink. A diamond necklace hung around her neck, her hair was pulled into a bun, a braid running across one side, and a flower clip was sitting in the middle of the bun. "You look beautiful, Mo."

"Thank you," she smiled as we hugged each other. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks," I whispered as we released each other and Lucas knocked before stepping in. He wore a white suit with a black bow tie, it fit his whole white knight personna.

"You both look beautiful." He kissed Mo's cheek then hugged me. "Let's join the party, shall we?" I looped one arm around his and Mo did the same to the other one. We walked down a set of marble stairs then game to a large room with a lot of people and a huge, gold chandelier that lit up the night.

"You both look amazing," Opal gushed hugging us both. She wore a green dress that covered her chest but dipped low in the back. It was very flowy, she looked like a goddess. Sam showed up next to her in a black suit and black tie.

"So do you, Opal." I replied and Mo agreed. There was slow, classical music that some danced to. I didn't try looking for him but it was like my eyes had a mind of their own. He looked different in a black suit, white shirt, and a black bow tie... he looked amazing and all the feelings came crashing back. He was speaking to a woman with red hair, her black dress dipped low on her chest and she would find any opportunity to touch his upper arm. He didn't seem interested in what she had to say and would carefully remove her hand from his arm, it was quite comical. As if he sensed me watching his eyes snapped to mine and I dipped my head back to Sam, Mo, Opal, and Lucas to hide what I felt.

"Why is she here?" Opal scoffed, disgust in her usually merry tone.

"Who is she?" I asked and Mo shook her head in disgust.

"Kiera Nightingale, she's been after Lucian for years. It's pathetic," Lucas spat and I felt something unfamiliar rise up in me, jealousy maybe?

"Would you bless me, dear Morgana, with a dance?" Sam asked changing the subject and Mo smiled before taking her hand.

"Would you like to dance, Quinn?" Lucas whispered and I nodded as he led me to the middle of the floor. He twirled me before resting his hand on my waist. Why couldn't I have fallen for Lucas? He was nice and actually seemed to enjoy my company. Why couldn't my mate be him? "Don't think so much, forget about everything and enjoy yourself tonight." He whispered gently and I took a deep breath. We had stopped dancing and Lucas was introducing me to other clan members when I felt a tug on my dress. I looked down and a girl in a pink dress smiled up at me. I crouched to her level, careful to keep myself covered.

"Hi, I'm Quinn." I smiled while the girl giggled.

"I'm Rose," she wrapped a strand of my hair around her finger. "You're hair is pretty."

"Thank you, I like you're dress." I smiled and she grinned wider.

"My mommy bought it for me," she released my hair and twirled around in a circle.

"It's very pretty," I smiled as a woman walked over, relief on her face.

"Rosemary, you scared me half to death." The woman pulled her daughter to her in a hug. I stood as the mother picked up her daughter. "I'm so sorry."