Chapter One

------Quinn

This was so fucking stupid, I knew it was but what else was I supposed to do over break? "Stacy, I don't think this is a good idea." I tried as we walked down the dark alley with two men who smoothed talked their way to get Stacy to follow them to the woods.

"It's fine," she giggled but fear had settled over my skin. I gripped her arm just before the tree line.

"I think we should head back," I tried but she shook her head.

"You girlies coming?" One of the men asked, his voice making my skin feel as if bugs crawled over it. The other smiled and Stacy sighed.

"No, sorry boys, maybe some other time." She smiled then we walked past them to where her car was parked. "I hope your happy."

"Yea, I'm so sorry you didn't get laid tonight." I rolled my eyes at my sex driven roommate when something caught my attention. A young girl walked into the woods, blood stained her white dress. "Stace, call 911." I demanded as I took off towards where I saw the girl. "Hello?" I yelled as I walked farther into the woods. The wind blew the leaves across the dirt, making them rustle. I pulled my light brown coat closer to my chest, feeling like I was being watched. "Is someone out there?" I chuckled thinking back to my mothers rambling, I was paranoid for nothing. I refocused on finding the bleeding girl when a raspy cough made my heart leap out of my chest. I whipped around as an older man, maybe sixty, came out of the shadows. "You scared me," I chuckled and he grinned, showing yellow fangs.

"I was aiming for that." He straightened his back and I froze. What the hell?!? "Now be a good little mundane and run for your life, I haven't had a good chase in a while." Mundane? Why was that word familiar? "Run!" He boomed and it broke me out of the trance as I took off towards the abyss of the woods. His laughter was evident and I was soon thrown up against a tree, my forehead splitting open.

"Fuck," I groaned while he laughed harder.

"I love when my dinner runs." He knelt to me and with all the strength I could muster I rammed my forehead into his nose. "Fuck!" He growled, holding his nose. "You bitch!"

"Now, now, Collin, didn't your mother teach you manners? You were told not to hunt in our territory." A feminine voice tsked as a beautiful woman with black hair and green eyes smiled. She wore a purple shirt and grey shorts, her hair pulled up off of her neck.

"Princess Morgana?" He sounded scared, "you and your brothers aren't due back until next week." He panicked as a man that looked almost exactly like the lady, Morgana, stepped beside her. He wore light wash jeans and a button down, grey suit shirt. "Prince Lucas," he bowed. "Honor to see you again. Will your brother be joining us?" Just as the last word left the old man's lips a man dropped from the tree, separating me from Collin. The man in front of me stood from where he crouched, he had broad shoulders and his black, long sleeved shirt hugged his figure. Dark, denim jeans rested on muscular hips and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows.

"You didn't think I'd forget about you, did you Collin?" The man that fell from the tree's voice sounded hallow, like there was no one inside.

"Please, your highness, I was merrily thinking of you." Collin pleaded as the tree man advanced to him in a blink of an eye. "Prince Lucius," Collin tried but the man snapped Collin's neck. I let out a yelp as my attacker's body hit the ground with a thud. I covered my mouth but it was too late, they had noticed me. Tree man, or Lucius, turned to me. His eyes were ice, a blue so clear they made me shiver. Lucius tilted his head at me curiously as the woman Morgana stepped towards me, making me flinch.

"How is she not dead yet?" The other man, Lucas, asked and Morgana shrugged.

"The wound is healing," Morgana gasped as she stared at me. Before looking up at Lucius with a weird look. She looked absolutely gorgeous, no flaws were on her beautiful skin just like the two men. Fangs peaked out from her lips and I could feel panic set in. "She's going to freak out again, brothers."

"My mother was right," I whispered feeling light headed. "Fuck, my mother isn't crazy."

"She's going to faint," Morgana sighed before everything went black.

-------Lucian

"Shit," Lucas sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "What do we do with her?"

"Can I keep her?" Morgana smiled up at me.

"She not a wild animal, Mo." Lucas scolded as I scanned the woman who lay limp against the tree. I wanted to hold her, comfort her... I wanted her. Why? "Hello? Earth to Lucian!"

"Bring her," I stated before walking away leaving my siblings alone. Her scent was intoxicating, she smelled like jade and roses, it was unique. I reached the house and Alfred stepped out of the door with a smile.

"Good to have you home, your highness." He bowed as Mo kissed his cheek. Lucas had the girl thrown over his shoulder and I had the sudden urge to throttle my brother. "Shall I prepare the cells?"

"No," I said stopping Lucas from speaking. "Lay her in the spare room." Mo squealed with joy as Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Of course, sir," Alfred disappeared down the dark halls.

"I'm going to my office, don't bother me. Morgana you're in charge of the human." I closed the two thick, oak doors and battled with the desire to see her. I sucked in a breath knowing now that the human, the woman who I craved to touch was my mate... and I couldn't even have her.