Chapter Eight

---------Quinn

The light woke me from my sleep and I smiled when I realized that last night wasn't a dream. I opened my eyes and Lucian was already awake, he was watching me with a smile. "Morning," he whispered tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Morning," I smiled back. His eyes looked different, there was no longer sadness as they watched me and the smile of adoration never left his lips. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" He chuckled, it was deep and rich, making my tingly.

"Like I'm the most precious thing you've ever held." He pulled me on top of him and I brushed his hair off his forehead.

"It's because," he kissed my lips long and slow. "You are." He kissed me again, his hands lazily moving up and down my spine. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore," that was an understatement. My thighs fucking hurt. "But I'm a big girl, I can handle myself." I kissed his chest, right on the branding that let him walk in daylight.

"Come on," he sat us up and gave me a peck on the lips. "Let's go take a shower." He linking his fingers with mine as he led me to the bathroom, I smiled falling even harder for the man in front of me.

************
---------------Lucian

I tried focusing on something other than Quinn. She was addictive, if she wasn't so sore I wouldn't have let her leave my bed anytime soon. "Hey! Bro! Earth to Lucian!"

"What?" I jumped looking up at my brother who shook his head.

"Pay attention," he groaned bitterly. "We have to do something about the borders being breached."

"Who's the closest guardian?" I asked when my mind started to wonder to Quinn again.

"Killian," Lucas' voice broke me out of the trance.

"I want Killian to monitor it, if any creature breaks the treaty he is to kill them." I stated simply as my office door swung open. Rose, Stella and Owen's little girl, came running in, hiding behind my chair.

"Rose, I said don't come in here." Quinn shook her head as she walked in, Mo behind her.

"She listens as well as you do." Mo chuckled while Quinn glared at her.

"Shush," Quinn said while Mo stuck her tongue out at her making Rose giggle. "Mmm, where could Rose be?" Quinn said as she walked to the curtains. "Ha!" Quinn faked being disappointed making Rose giggle harder. "I can hear you," she tip toed over to my chair and grabbed Rose around the waist, picking her up. "Found you!"

"Awww," Rose pouted, sticking out her bottom lip and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Now, what did I say about coming in here?" Quinn made a smile come to my lips.

"That I wasn't allowed because I would disturb Lucian." Rose sighed turning to me. "Sorry, Prince Lucian."

"It's perfectly fine," I smiled at the little girl making Quinn smile at me, I loved when she smiled at me.

"Come on, it's lunch time. What do you want to eat?" Quinn asked walking towards the door with Mo shaking her head, a smile at her lips.

"Mac & Cheese!" Rose shouted making Quinn and Mo laugh as they shut the door to my office.

"She'd make a good mother." Lucas pipped up as he studied me closely. "It's good to have you back, Lucian."

**************
-----------Quinn

Coldness seeped into my bones, stiffening me where I stood. Water floated around me, morphing into a snow coated landscape. I pulled my sweater closer, but it didn't work. The gates to the castle creaked open as a stage coach trotted inside. I followed inside the gates as the stage coach top and Morgana stepped out. Lucas walked out onto the cobblestone but neither of them smiled. "Brother," Mo sounded hallow as her face fell.